-- welcome to this user-to-user discussion forum. It is n...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@charlesTsaliba -- welcome to this user-to-user discussion forum. It is not a path to Shaw Support.

Other people on this forum have had success with port-forwarding on the BlueCurve.

Note that each Shaw Internet customer can have two "public" IP-addresses -- one for your "DMZ" device, and one to connect to a WiFi mesh system. Have you tried that, after getting Shaw to provision your account with the 2nd IP-address?

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. among the first things i tried was...

charlesTsaliba
Grasshopper

Thanks for your reply.

among the first things i tried was to acquire the second ip from shaw, i was told you need to switch to business account to get that option.

cheers,  

0 Kudos

We too are probably on our way out as well. Atleast we ca...

Johns0n
Grasshopper

We too are probably on our way out as well. Atleast we can get a discount at telus for fraser health employees not just for one year etc. Which is truly sad we have been long time customers of shaw 35+ years. may even go another boat and go to comwave. Shaw is expecting people to keep paying after 2 years pay an astronomical amount every time you go to sign up. not worth it and for someone whos been around for that long should get some sort of leniency I get people need to make money but good lord... we were paying 180$ per month its now up to 230... we were not on a promo either for the lastt time we signed up thats quite the jump.. if you ask me... no impressed at all to say the least. and no shaw does not care. At all. the reason we are looking into leaving. 

0 Kudos

Contact Shaw again, everyone is able to get a second dynamic ip.

rstra
Grand Master

@charlesTsaliba Contact Shaw again, everyone is able to get a second dynamic ip.

-- go to comwave. Check that COMWAVE will not be using S...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Johns0n -- go to comwave.

Check that COMWAVE will not be using Shaw's infrastructure to deliver Internet access to you, i.e., that it will be using the TELUS infrastructure.

> for someone who's been around for that long should get some sort of leniency

Any discount that you may get means that Shaw will recoup their "lost income" by charging "full-price" customers more.

> we were paying 180$ per month its now up to 230...

I had a two-year Value Plan that started on June 2, 2019. Shaw called me, in February 2021, and offered a new two-year Value Plan, for the same services, at only $8/month more than my previous plan. There was no "cancellation fee for the premature termination of the 2019 plan. So, for me, that is a 2% yearly increase for the new plan.  That is OK with me. As a "bonus", the $8/month price-increase does not start until June 2021.

> the reason we are looking into leaving

If you signed a new two-year contract, you will have a large "cancellation fee" when you try to leave. If you are on a month-to-month service, there is no fee for you to cancel.

0 Kudos

I am so fed up with Shaws' inability to broadcast Canucks...

Gord235
Grasshopper

I am so fed up with Shaws' inability to broadcast Canucks games that I am ready to switch to Telus ASAP. There have been numerous occasions where the local Canucks games are unavailable to watch. All I get on my TV screen is a message that says something to the effect that content isn't available due to programming error or some other nonsense. Viewers are directed to call a 1-888 number if problem persists. When I called the number the person who answered wasn't even aware that there was a problem but he said he would "make a note of it". Does anyone have an y experience with Telus and are their Canucks broadcasts ever interrupted due to "programing error"?

My biggest mistake has been that when Telus called me awhile ago to offer a tremendous deal if I switched, I didn't say, "yes ,switch me to your service ASAP."

0 Kudos

Telus told me they would take care of cancelling my Shaw...

Gord235
Grasshopper

Telus told me they would take care of cancelling my Shaw TV and there wouldn't be any hassle from Shaw. In my opinion, Shaw has failed to fulfill their end of the contract so they have basically broken the contract and caused it to be null and void.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help