Probably the only way 5g to the home would be available t...

rstra
Grand Master

@rickatk @mdk 

Probably the only way 5g to the home would be available to Shaw customers is if the Rogers buyout goes ahead. Telus is rolling out 5g internet to the home in rural communities in Alberta and BC. Hopefully it expands to urban communities and other companies like Bell are able to bring their home internet to the market in BC and AB. 

Slow upload will change with Docsis 4. In the meantime I...

rickatk
Master

Slow upload will change with Docsis 4. In the meantime I am enjoying lots of bandwidth.

0 Kudos

Seems to me this 5G Home(wireless) is more of a telco thi...

rickatk
Master

Seems to me this 5G Home(wireless) is more of a telco thing. Certainly in the rural setting much less trenching and cabling required. Docis will remain the go to tech for the cable cos for some time for all the reasons the cable cos are using it now and Docis 4 is around the corner. 

0 Kudos

Yes, it is mostly telcos, because they will use the same...

rstra
Grand Master

@rickatk Yes, it is mostly telcos, because they will use the same 5g that they are currently rolling out. Telus and Bell in Canada, but Rogers certainly has the infrastructure to do 5g to the home. I think that providers that  do offer 5g certainly have an advantage over wireline providers, mainly by not having to do installs. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help