Hi  Could you please provide your source for this stateme...

g-idk
Master

Hi @Skol264 Could you please provide your source for this statement so we can verify it, as that is a pretty big statement without giving us sources.

0 Kudos

sure can https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/internet-thro...

Skol264
Grasshopper
0 Kudos

An 11 year old article.

rstra
Grand Master

An 11 year old article.

your point??? just because its 11 years old means it does...

Skol264
Grasshopper

your point??? just because its 11 years old means it doesn't apply now? lmao i wish i was that naive.

0 Kudos

Technology has changed, internet providers have about 100...

rstra
Grand Master

Technology has changed, internet providers have about 100 times the bandwidth. Which protocols do you assume are being throttled now?

0 Kudos

Sorry  but digging up an 11 year old article is hardly ev...

g-idk
Master

Sorry @Skol264 but digging up an 11 year old article is hardly evidence of current status, geez I thought you had something current.  It is never naïve to have up to date facts.  Basing a bold statement like that without having any up to date facts is paramount to slander.  I hope you don't base all your facts on out of date material.     

0 Kudos

> an 11 year old article that stated: Shaw said it curren...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> an 11 year old article that stated:

Shaw said it currently throttles peer-to-peer uploads only during times of congestion, but those periods could occur at any time during the day.

Note that it says "uploads", not "downloads".

If your "download" speeds vary, then it is not Shaw that is causing it.

0 Kudos

cutting your internet  or it going down is not throttling...

rtotem1
Grasshopper

cutting your internet  or it going down is not throttling,  have experience many times with shaw throttling  my internet, and its because  i only pay  nfor shaw internet service not tv service and when i purchased  a new tv iptv server shaw  throttled my internet every day, and i complained so much to my iptv server about buffering half way threw tv show they told me my isp server shaw was throtling my internet service. I have  connection  with shaw  speed 750MBPS fiber optic which i should never have buffering.I also bought a vpn witch is one of the best ipvanish and shaw even has software   that they can block u  from using vpn . I find shaw is holding us hostage and nothing we can do unless we find another isp server.  I am paying  $125.00 monthliy for shaws service internet and the another  deal they gave me for there tv service $78.00 a month  totaling  $203.00 monthly and im a senior .I think we have toi try and stop shaw froming taking us hostage and  paying so much for garbage tv that i watch 40yrs ago and playing same thing  everyday. I can get  all the 5000 hd channels usa canada ans uk for 14.00 a month, but shaw interfears with that.

0 Kudos

very similar recent expierence after years of no issues....

dualsport
Grasshopper

very similar recent expierence after years of no issues.  The number of devices in the house has grown, teenagers with video streaming boxes, music playing, games.  Everyone has a cellphone/wifi.  More than  dozen devices.   When I look at internet usage its grown past 30 days over 660GB.  

My thought is we ar eidentified as a super user, and slow down I am thinking began when we hit possibly 500GB or so.  

Regardless, it prompted a call to Telus, they came up with a screaming deal, hard to ignore and saves me $100/mo.  So lets see how

that does.

0 Kudos

Just the two of us here and we did 700GB last month, and...

rstra
Grand Master

@dualsport  Just the two of us here and we did 700GB last month, and that is in the summer, well over a terabyte in the winter, mostly lots of 4K content and Tidal playing all the time, zero evidence of throttling. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help