Well, Shaw seems to think it is. They're hoping a firmwar...

Upfront6891
Grasshopper

@rickatk wrote:

Indeed...I don't think the problem is with your modern Technicolour or Arris. Sounds like your problem is something other than the modem/router.

Well, Shaw seems to think it is. They're hoping a firmware update will remedy the issues. Having said that. the interruptions have suddenly stopped since the COVID-19 pandemic started in Vancouver. I know it's not related of course, just interesting just the same.

0 Kudos

> the interruptions have suddenly stopped since the COVID...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> the interruptions have suddenly stopped

Unless you have been monitoring, 24/7 (16/6 ??), Shaw's cable-network between your house and the nearest telephone-pole, and the Shaw cable-network running down your street, and around the corner onto the next street, you'll never have noticed that a Shaw technician has made a "site-visit" to do some trouble-shooting, and maybe has made some repairs, that stopped the symptoms.

If a tree falls in the forest, is it the man's fault? 🙂

0 Kudos

Not to mention the nightly updates Shaw puts out to the a...

rickatk
Master

Not to mention the nightly updates Shaw puts out to the auto ear hardware. There are always little fixes and improvements that secretly appear in the morning.

0 Kudos

We're in an apartment zone and the wires are underneath....

Upfront6891
Grasshopper

We're in an apartment zone and the wires are underneath. However, you make a great point since the area is under huge redevelopment and it's quite rare to see Shaw in the area or any techs in white trucks. But as you said, you'd have to monitor them 24/7. Still, this BlueCurve modem is a terribly basic limited modem where even if we got an ethernet switch to gain more ports than just the two, we would lose wifi capability as we would have to bridge the modem. Shaw level 1 tech is useless. They say one thing but really have no idea what they're talking about. The only solution is to buy a wifi router and bridge it. 

0 Kudos

I got the new XB7 CommScope TG4482 and the sales guy told...

JT32
Grasshopper

I got the new XB7 CommScope TG4482 and the sales guy told me he was avoiding the Technicolor model. For what it's worth.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help