, there is no need for pro-rated because the payment is f...

g-idk
Master

@wynford , there is no need for pro-rated because the payment is for a full month's service.  Like the notice says if on autopay you will see 2 payments come out on the same month for the 1st. time , then after that it will continue on a once a month basis on the new autopay withdrawal date 14 days after invoice. Because the original autopay used to come out of your account 28 days after your invoice and the new system takes it out after 14 days for the next invoice you will have a 1 time overlap where technically you are making 2 payments in 1 month but it is for the payment of 2 full month's service , then after that on auto pay the date will stay the same 14 days after invoice.  If you are paying manually your invoice will now be due 21 days after invoice, please make sure to pay a couple of days beforehand if using online banking to allow process time for Rogers/Shaw to receive the payment from your bank.  It's not wise advice to suggest you pay your bill manually late as this will indeed incur  unwanted charges of late fee's on your account since Rogers/Shaw will now be charging daily interest on accounts that don't pay within the 21 day limit for manual payments.  Did this help or more confusing lol.  

I think they should have done a more thorough explanation...

wynford
Grasshopper

I think they should have done a more thorough explanation with an example, the way they said it sounded more confusing, you and mdk did a good job of trying to explain it

0 Kudos

, thank you!  I totally agree with you, they dropped the...

g-idk
Master

@wynford , thank you!  I totally agree with you, they dropped the ball on this.  I'm sure we are going to still be getting questions regarding this.  

0 Kudos

,  , and everyone else.  Just received my new invoice thi...

g-idk
Master

@rstra , @mdk , and everyone else.  Just received my new invoice this morning and it now shows the new corrected payment date of 21 days after invoice, so no longer shows payment due 1 month later.  Also received the notice on the invoice of the upcoming tv box rental change coming on Sept.15 so I'm okay for 1 more month rental before I send the extra box back to them, since I'm 14th to 14th of every month.  Ok just thought I'd let you know.  Here is a snip  Screenshot 2024-08-14 101643.png

-- the dates look fine: Invoiced on August 14 Payment is...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@g-idk -- the dates look fine:

1. Invoiced on August 14
  2. Payment is due on September 4 (21 days later)
  3. Service starting August 14
  4. Service ending September 13

Just like paying monthly rent -- pay on the day before the 1st day of occupancy.

Just like most credit-card invoices -- 21 days to complete payment.

The only "wrinkle" is their requirement that pre-authorized payments will be on the 14th day, not the 21st day, after the creation of the invoice.

All I know with this confusing mess is that Shaw/Rogers t...

GandL
Grasshopper

All I know with this confusing mess is that Shaw/Rogers took $206.48 on July 2 .... $206.48 on Jul 29 .... and now $206.48 today Aug 14.

Should have gone with Telus - it would have been cheaper in the long run. Shaw made my choice easier when renewal time rolls around.

0 Kudos

wrote: Shaw/Rogers took $206.48 on July 2 .... About 30...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@GandL wrote:

Shaw/Rogers took $206.48 on July 2 ....

About 30 days after they issued an invoice on June 1.

$206.48 on Jul 29

About 30 days after they issued an invoice on July 1 (which is before the "July 15" change in billing).

$206.48 today Aug 14.

About 14 days after they issued an invoice on August 1 (which is your first invoice after the "July 15" change in billing).

You must have signed-up for automatic debit by Shaw/Rogers from your bank account, for the transaction to be processed on the 14th day of August (and future months).

What you might do is to cancel that automatic debit, and then arrange with your bank to auto-pay on the 19th day after receiving the invoice.  I use "19 days" because your bank will probably take 2 days for your payment to be received by Shaw/Rogers "back-end" computers on the 21st day. 

That's a lot of work to switch from the 14th to the 19th -- just 5 days.

Their invoice for August is for service for all of August. So, you paid on the 14th for services you already received between August 1 and August 14, and you are prepaying for services between August 15 and September 1.  

0 Kudos

I didn't receive any notice. I just got to debits: One on...

Akinlade
Grasshopper

I didn't receive any notice.

I just got to debits:

One on 30th July and another one on 15th August.

0 Kudos

Your notification was on your invoice.

rstra
Grand Master

@Akinlade  Your notification was on your invoice. 

0 Kudos

Totally agree with you. I paid for a full month on August...

Herbrick48
Grasshopper

Totally agree with you. I paid for a full month on August 1st then another full month on August 14th. So eight weeks of service paid in a two week span. Then the next bill is due Sept 14th so even though I spent a long time with a service rep I still feel like I have paid for an extra two weeks. Not a happy customer

0 Kudos