Starting two weeks ago the "automatic forwarding" functio...

shawtango
Grasshopper

Starting two weeks ago the "automatic forwarding" function from my gmail account to my shaw account is not working.   All emails that Gmail tries to forward to Shaw are rejected by the server.   Of course I have had no help at all from Shaw as it is always not their issue.

Even wierder is that only the autoforward emails are rejected.   If I go into my gmail account and manually forward the emails it works fine.

Does gmail use a different domain for autoforwarding and if so could I add it to a whitelist?

This is a real problem and seems to be ongoing based on this set of complaints

0 Kudos

-- All emails that Gmail tries to forward to Shaw are rej...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@shawtango -- All emails that Gmail tries to forward to Shaw are rejected by the server.   Of course I have had no help at all from Shaw as it is always not their issue.

What is the exact text of the error-message?

What is the E-mail ID in the "FROM:" field of the message(s) that get blocked? It could be the case that Shaw has a "black-list" of E-mail IDs that are well-known to be abused by spammers, and it is Shaw's mail-servers that are blocking those specific IDs.

0 Kudos

The address for the autoforward is a weird complex thing...

shawtango
Grasshopper

The address for the autoforward is a weird complex thing I don't understand

This is the detail from the return message from the maildaemon.  You can see that the To field is quite comlex/wierd(see at end)

Note some html markup was removed by this messaging app we are using here.

Worked perfectly for 10 years or more but then stopped working on july 2 2022.

No help from shaw support.   The actual error message is : 

"The response from the remote server was:

421 4.1.0 <bc1037+caf_=br.cooper=shaw.ca@gmail.com> sender rejected AUP#BL".  

The letters BL would indicate some king of blacklist.  But I think it is at the 3rd party spam filter company called cloudfilter not

actual at Shaw.   Support indicated they had no way to talk to Cloudfilter.  Sigh

<mailer-daemon@googlemail.com>
to:bc1037+caf_=br.cooper=shaw.ca@gmail.com
date:Jul 19, 2022, 4:47 PM
subject:Delivery Status Notification (Delay)
mailed-by:mail-sor-f69.google.com
signed-by:googlemail.com
security:

Standard encryption (TLS) Learn more

0 Kudos

Can you delete and re-create that filter? That to address...

rstra
Grand Master

@shawtango 

Can you delete and re-create that filter? That to address sure doesn’t look right.

0 Kudos

-- Shaw Support indicated they had no way to talk to Clou...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@shawtango -- Shaw Support indicated they had no way to talk to Cloudfilter. 

That was a nonsense reply.  Sadly, like every other business, Shaw seems to have problems hiring & training employees. 

Doing a query for "what host receives E-mail for message sent to any 'username@shaw.ca' format of ID, I see:

shaw.ca MX preference = 0, mail exchanger = shw-central.mx.a.cloudfilter.net

This indicates that Shaw has "outsourced" E-mail filtering to CloudFilter.  Somebody at Shaw set this up.

I think that "AUP" means "Appropriate Usage Policy". I agree that "BL" is likely to mean "black-list". 

0 Kudos

-- Delivery Status Notification (Delay) One commonly-used...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@shawtango -- Delivery Status Notification (Delay)

One commonly-used technique by mail-servers is to "deny" the very-first connection between the sender's E-mail ID and the recipient's E-mail ID, by creating a "temporary failure" notification.  Then, a properly-programmed mail-server will requeue the message, and "try again later", thus causing a DELAY in the delivery of the message.

Normally, you, as the sender of the message, do NOT see that "temporary failure" message.

My point is that some spammers use a "rogue" mail-server that does not react correctly to a "temporary failure" response. This causes the recipient of the message to NOT receive the spammer's message.

Maybe.

0 Kudos

I have no filters set.   That is obviously the address th...

shawtango
Grasshopper

I have no filters set.   That is obviously the address that gmail uses for autoforwarding my mail

0 Kudos

AUP#SNDR.          I have this problem too:

doxland
Grasshopper

AUP#SNDR.          I have this problem too:

0 Kudos

AUP#SDR

doxland
Grasshopper

AUP#SDR

0 Kudos

I have a similar problem.  My error says AUP#MXRT. I'm tr...

Graham15
Grasshopper

I have a similar problem.  My error says AUP#MXRT.

I'm trying to send email from my personal account to my colleague's work account.  Our employer uses Shaw.

I have contacted support but no reply yet.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help