-- are you running a Microsoft Exchange server for proces...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@KeithP17 -- are you running a Microsoft Exchange server for processing E-mail within your domain?

Are you using a Shaw cable-modem, or a TELUS modem, to provide connectivity to the Internet for the computers within your domain?

Is your domain and your Exchange Server within your offices, as it would be for a high-tech firm that had the expertise to manage their other Exchange Server?

Have you configured your Exchange Server for "smart-hosting" -- client computers inside your network send all outgoing E-mail to your Exchange Server, and your Exchange Server sends to "smtp.shaw.ca" to forward your E-mail to the intended recipient's mail-exchanger server?

Or, do you have a "private/personal/vanity" domain, e.g., "www.MyRandomThoughts.co", that is hosted by some web-hosting company, and you are sending your outgoing E-mail to their mail-server, for that mail-server to complete the message delivery?

Obviously, you need to share much more technical details, other than "it does not work" high-level comments.

I doubt that Shaw's Residential Support will assist you, after they have determined that your cable-modem is working fine. It's outside of their mandate.

Are you a customer of Shaw Business for your private domain? If they are your web-hosting company, they will help you, to keep you as a customer.

Maybe, the web-hosting company for your private domain can provide technical support.

0 Kudos

Is this being fixed?  All my Shaw accounts getting this A...

RidersWings
Grasshopper

Is this being fixed?  All my Shaw accounts getting this AUP#SNDR error

I managed to keep my cool through 3 support calls and whe...

humility
Grasshopper

I managed to keep my cool through 3 support calls and when the agent couldn't help me they hung up. Today this issue escalated to Tier 2. Domain name email forwarding emails to shaw.ca has been a problem for me for 2 years now. Especially when a company sends a verification link do I not recieve an email sent to info@mydomain.com that forwards to myshawname@shaw.ca. Now I have software I purchased that I cant get. I have been with Shaw for 40 years! I have been using the internet since 2003. Phone sales, talk to someone in Canada and beg for them to address (no pun intended) issue!

0 Kudos

-- when a company sends a verification link do I not rece...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@humility -- when a company sends a verification link do I not receive an email sent to info@mydomain.com that forwards to myshawname@shaw.ca

Shaw mail-filtering seems to check the "FROM:" field in any E-mail that is sent, to try to block "spam" E-mail that references a non-registered domain-name, e.g., "Billing@shavv.ca" -- "vee-vee" not "double-you". 

So, does there exist an IP-address for your "mydomain.com" FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name), or does there exist a MX (Mail eXchanger) record for that FQDN, e.g., 

mydomain.com MX preference = 0, mail exchanger = mail.mydomain.com

Lacking either that IP-address, or lacking the "MX" record, Shaw will block the E-mail at the source.

Second, can you temporarily disable that E-mail forwarding, and then use the WebMail interface provided by your hosting service to access the new E-mail message(s) that you experimentally send to your "info@mydomain.com" ID?

0 Kudos

Hello mdk, My domain has been registered and working for...

humility
Grasshopper

Hello mdk,

My domain has been registered and working for an email forwarder to my Shaw email for over 15 years. I started to notice missing emails for the handful of other domains that were forwarding to my Shaw email too. Even when registered with a different registrar they never made my Webmail. Over the past year and a half I was extremely frustrated as support had no answer for me a few times and since then as to where my emails were going or why they were not in my Webmail. It happens mostly with verification emails and important emails for some reason. I spoke with my domain registrar and they said it is with Shaw as a problem, most likely with their filtering. My registrar has had no problems like these with any other ISP.  I read in the thread above that Shaw uses another company to handle email hosting. Understandable. No reason out sourcing can't occur, but how about working the bugs out. This I guess is why people tend to want to free themselves from bigger corps. This has been escalated with Shaw Tech Tier 2 so I will see what happens soon.

I'm sorry to hear what an ordeal this has been to try to...

shaw-darren
Shaw Squad

I'm sorry to hear what an ordeal this has been to try to investigate and resolve. I hope the tier 2 Tech Support team will be able to discover what may be causing this evasive issue, but please feel welcome to send us a message by Live Chat if there's anything else we can do for you. 

I traced my issues down-to the private email server not h...

James-B
Grasshopper

I traced my issues down-to the private email server not having Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM) and Sender Policy Framework (SPF) code installed.  Every domain owner should be able to have their domain email service provider generate and/or install those keys for you.  If you have a classic cPanel access for your domain email management, look for "email delivery problems" and it will tell you the status of those two items.

The Internet has become a wild-west for abuse, spam and outright skullduggery and the use of DKIM and SPF is designed to identify email traffic from known, legitimate operators.

-- Even when registered with a different registrar they n...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@humility -- Even when registered with a different registrar they never made my Webmail

Note that a "Domain Registrar" only handles the registration of your domain-name.

So, switching to a different Registrar does not make a difference, as you have observed.

However, part of the registration for your domain points to the "web-hosting" company that handles your E-mail. If you never have changed to a different web-hosting company, then you will still have the issue with the processing of your E-mail.

The important "pointer" in your domain-regsitration is the MX ("Mail eXchanger") record, as maintained by your web-hosting company:   mydomain.com MX preference = 0, mail exchanger = mail.mydomain.com

where:

Name: mail.mydomain.com
Addresses: 65.254.254.52, 65.254.254.54, 65.254.254.51, 65.254.254.53, 65.254.254.55, 65.254.254.50

Name: 65-254-242-50.yourhostingaccount.com
Address: 65.254.242.50

Name: 65-254-242-51.yourhostingaccount.com
Address: 65.254.242.51

It is that "your hosting account" Internet hosting company, namely TUCOWS, that is receiving E-mail addressed to your ID, and is forwarding that E-mail to your personal ID.  Or, at least, that is what it is supposed to be doing.

So, I will repeat my suggestion: logon to TUCOWS, and disable the automatic E-mail forwarding. Then, generate an E-mail to your E-mail ID within your "mydomain.com" domain.  Logon to the WebMail service provided by TUCOWS for your account, to see if that generated message is reaching the "inbox" on your TUCOWS account.  Then, try manually "forwarding" that E-mail message to your personal ID.

0 Kudos

My registrar does what is called email forwarding. The ot...

humility
Grasshopper

My registrar does what is called email forwarding. The other registrar I used did the same thing. This is not the same as email hosting. Just a forward. Its all sorted out now I guess because my email is working. So I no longer require Tier 2 action. Really appreciate your time for this. Also now I know where to get my issues dealt with instead of phone support.

0 Kudos

This is helpful info. Thanks for submitting it. I will ch...

humility
Grasshopper

This is helpful info. Thanks for submitting it. I will check on these things 🙂

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help