Yes I am getting unacceptable download speeds lately too....

jimbobway
Grasshopper

Yes I am getting unacceptable download speeds lately too. And before the armchair IT guys get on me, yes, I have done all the basics, power cycle, router reset, moved my tower right up to it, put only my device on the network, etc and then some and it has been inherently slow since I got the service. Yes my tower is setup for wifi6e so there should be zero issues. Same setup running on my old provide was averaging well over 500mpbs unwired. Was told when I got to Alberta Shaw was a good service to get, nah! I have had way better speeds with small regional providers elsewhere. It's sad to be paying top dollar for, first, the 1.5gb and then downgraded to 1gb cause it's just not worth it. Service is meh, router is so heeled, that for advanced users to do anything they might want or even simple personal preferences like pick your own DNS, its locked down and they won't unlock. Getting speeds between 80-125mbps download during these tests, not acceptable. If I have to money for a decent router of my own, I'll take same said money and buy out of the contract they lock you into and go to Telus or someone else. Can see why Rogers wants these guys so bad, very similar in setup, equipment and customer service. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help