Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience on the li...

shaw-daniel

@outsidethief Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience on the live chat support. Please submit this feedback via “Your Voice” on our website here. We can share it with the appropriate stakeholders, and your feedback about Shaw agents will be tracked and reported on.

Meanwhile, if the audio reception issue with your cable equipment persists, please reach out to our tech support team on this page.

-- Obviously there is some game being played by low rent...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@outsidethief -- Obviously there is some game being played by low rent employeea [sic] at shaw.

There is a saying: honey catches more flies than vinegar.

Shaw has an AUP ("Appropriate Usage Policy").  Derogatory phrases can be classified as a violation of that policy.

All are telus and never plan on using shaw

A timely note: the proposed merger between Shaw and Rogers has been discussed, this past week, at the level of the Federal Government, with lawyers from Rogers & Shaw pleading their cases.  So, if the merger is allowed, your friends might never get a chance to sign-up with Shaw.  🙂

I wonder why some customers have such difficulties gettin...

rickatk
Master

I wonder why some customers have such difficulties getting chat or phone support. Horror stories of hang ups, lengthy wait times and alike are very surprising. At the risk of being call a “shill” I can’t say I have ever experienced the difficulties expressed in this conversation. I have certainly used Shaw support enough over the years and can say I have always been pleased. 

I don’t disagree about the comments made about  Shaw store in the Nanaimo Woodgrove Mall. 🙄 

Same here. Could be different for people trying to cancel...

rstra
Grand Master

@rickatk  Same here. Could be different for people trying to cancel service, but I haven’t had any issues getting support.

The honey is keeping my account in credit for the past 25...

outsidethief
Grasshopper

The honey is keeping my account in credit for the past 25 years. 

Regards,

Thanks, Daniel, Nitika was great with her help, prompt an...

outsidethief
Grasshopper

Thanks, Daniel,

Nitika was great with her help, prompt and she said she would follow up about the service issues I encountered. I was going to delete my original post as it was a matter of personal displacement from earlier encounters I have had with shaw service and not wholly on the people that served me that day. The audio issue seems to have been resolved on its own after a couple of days. Very odd. You are welcome to delete my original post as it is somewhat harsh. 

Regards,

OT

Hi  ,  ,  ,  I don't get it either, in all the years I ha...

g-idk
Master

Hi @mdk , @rstra , @rickatk ,  I don't get it either, in all the years I have been a Shaw customer, I have never received the customer support horror stories that so many people on here complain about, could it be attitude that they don't even realize they are projecting when they are talking to the support staff.  Whenever I do have to speak to someone at Shaw, I always start with a big hello and ask how there day is going so far.  I think mdk said it best with "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar."  The moment you get mad or talk to them in a raised voice manner of course they are going to be on the defensive and probably hang up, I would too.     

-- in all my years, I have experienced just one Shaw Agen...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@g-idk -- in all my years, I have experienced just one Shaw Agent, communicating via "chat", who was obnoxious & arrogant & thought that he was "bullet-proof". I saved a copy of the transcript of the session, printed it, and gave it to a senior employee at the local Shaw retail outlet. She was very apologetic, and she promised to "escalate" my interaction to her superiors. She indicated that any action by Shaw falls under a "privacy" umbrella, implying that I would not be told any outcome viz-a-viz that person.

Anyway, remember that every interaction with a Shaw Agent is blogged into your account with Shaw. I wonder if one gets marked as a "difficult" customer, then the next Shaw Agent that one interacts with will see a "tattoo" that identifies such a "difficult" customer, and "colours" one's future interactions with other Agents.

A quote from Joseph Heller (author of "Catch 22"): Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you, but I really doubt that Shaw Agents are "out to get you".

Well said  , you might be right about the "tattoo" mark o...

g-idk
Master

Well said @mdk , you might be right about the "tattoo" mark on a person's account, it actually sounds logical, that they would have such a thing.  I realize we are all human and we have good days and bad days, and it can be very frustrating for someone who is not getting the answer they want to hear, whatever that might be.  But at the end of the day, having a nonconductive argument with a Shaw rep is not going to get you anywhere.  You'd be better off to calmly and politely end the conversation.   

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help