Why am I not able to just sign up as a new customer witho...

jimdougl
Grasshopper

Why am I not able to just sign up as a new customer without  having to speak to anyone? If a person..can do everything without  having to go through  the hoops, why not let your loyal customers  do the same.?

What are you, a new customer or a loyal customer?

rstra
Grand Master

What are you, a new customer or a loyal customer?

You can start talking to Shaw now but they will probably...

rickatk
Master

You can start talking to Shaw now but they will probably advise you to wait till closer to the end of your agreement. I was in the  same situation and renewed just a few days before the end of my agreement. Back then I was concerned about locking in on the eve of some promising new upgrades like IPTV and wireless terminals. At any rate I renewed securing the same low rate.

A few months later I was contacted by Shaw and offered a new renewal rate at a considerably lower rate.

I was given assurances I would not be prejudiced when it was time to upgrade to the newer hardware like Xi6 wireless which was expected soon. I renewed again for another two years.

I have since upgraded all my gear to Xi6 wireless tv players kept my legacy 11 theme pack and have a comfortable monthly payment. 

Loyalty really pays off!

0 Kudos

My 2nd year on contract I was paying $119 month. I was gi...

dennispotvin
Grasshopper

My 2nd year on contract I was paying $119 month. I was given very close a deal at that time as a new customer would get. I seen new customers were getting a ridiculously lower rates for 2 years like $89 month for year 1 then like $109 month for 2nd yr. plus credit . I was a customer for 30-40 years. My whole experience this time round with shaw was a joke. First call took 2-3 hrs for a call back then eventually after asking for a loyalty Agent  he said he could give me a bit better deal of $139 month then the $159  on a 2 yr contract but said to wait and call back Tues when a new deal was coming out I would be very pleased with the amount, more channels and bluecurve. Another 3-4 hr wait for call back on Tues and eventually speaking to another loyalty agent who quoted me $141 month then said she would offer the $139 deal previously offered when I bitched. She did not give a s... how long I had been a shaw customer and as far as any deal it was only for new customers. Also said things have gone up in 2 yrs so of course I would have to pay more. I said so what if i cancel my shaw (which she was quick to say she could do that right now for me) and renewed under my wife as a new client. She said I could not do that as they know the home address and if I cancelled I would have to wait 3 months to sign up as a new customer to get any deals. I called back a week later and yes waited 2-3 hrs to get a call back and eventually speak to yet another loyalty agent. The best I could do was $129 a month on a 2 yr contract. The only reason I did not go to telus was I was away from home for the month before my contract was due and I would not be able to have changed all my email accounts etc. So I began writing down and am slowly changing all my email accounts and contacts to a gmail account and in 2 years shaw can go pound sand. Shame on shaw for wait times and way they treat long term customers. The couple times I have called Telus I spoke with someone within 10 mins at the most. Shaw I really hope you are reading this and monitor forums on facebook etc because there is a lot of unhappiness in shaw right now.

I hear friends who are paying about $80 for internet and...

kenlech
Grasshopper

I hear friends who are paying about $80 for internet and TV. We were paying $256 which included a phone I cancelled years ago. We have 3 cells and a business phone on another Shaw acct so a landline is ridiculous but we can't prove we said it and my husband got the bills online and never checked. We found out they would lower it to $145. I still think we are being played. I hate that they won't make good on the landline they charged us for. I hear Telus is a bit slower but far more reliable. At this point, I think we should just leave because I don't trust them. The tech people are lovely. I talk to them more than my sisters so I may have 6 of them for xmas dinner!!! LOL

0 Kudos

> I hear Telus is a bit slower but far more reliable. The...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I hear Telus is a bit slower but far more reliable.

The fastest (and most expensive) residential service from Telus is 1000 Mbps for both download and upload.

The fastest (and most expensive) residential service from Shaw is 600 Mbps for download, and 20 Mbps for upload. If you need "much faster", talk to Shaw Business about Shaw PureFibre.

For me, Shaw has been totally reliable, but YMMV.

Shaw BlueCurve Gateway includes an 8x8 antenna configuration supporting a maximum theoretical throughput of 8.6Gbps, compared to Telus Boost Wi-Fi which includes a 4x4 antenna configuration capable of a maximum theoretical throughput of 1.7Gbps.

0 Kudos

You will need to contact Shaw directly. Don't wait for Sh...

rickatk
Master

@robthomas wrote:

My 2-Year Value Plan (for Internet 300 only) expires on June 19th. According to my most recent statement, I am currently paying $113/month less a promotional discount of $28.10/month or $84.90 per month. I would like to renew my contract but am not able to find any information on the Shaw web site that relates to what is price is available to existing Shaw customers renewing their contracts. Everything seems to be geared to promotions for new customers!

I certainly do not wish to be charged $113 per month or the regular month-to-month price (whatever that is) when my existing contract expires so I would like to arrange for a new Shaw contract before the existing one expires. Alternatively, if the renewal price is more than I can afford, I want some time to make arrangements with another service provider before my Shaw contract expires.  I don't want to change my Shaw cable or personal phone plans.

Will Shaw be contacting me before June 19th with a renewal offer? Can I renew online? What is the renewal price for Internet 300 Unlimited for existing Shaw customers under a 2-year plan for internet only?

You will need to contact Shaw directly. Don't wait for Shaw to call you. You are also best to call or chat a month before the end of your promotion. Remember, Shaw bills one month ahead. Because you are renewing you will likely be able to get a new promotion if you are willing to sign up for another two years. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help