> Try to charge monthly rent for a modem ... Hmm. My mont...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> Try to charge monthly rent for a modem ...

Hmm. My monthly bill shows a charge for the modem, and an offsetting "credit" for the modem, reducing the net monthly cost to ZERO.

0 Kudos

I have never been a big fan of service providers giving h...

rstra
Grand Master

I have never been a big fan of service providers giving huge breaks to new customers, I believe that this strategy ultimately costs long term customers. Getting rid of promos would create a more balanced rate structure. I am due to renew next November and I have no clue what I will be paying, which has caused me to move all my email to gmail, in preparation. It is not just Shaw, but all providers in this industry are the same and not one is willing to do the right thing.

0 Kudos

Agreed. It leads to frustration and resentment when you a...

cate2020
Grasshopper

Agreed. It leads to frustration and resentment when you are a loyal customer who is treated so poorly. I've spent over 2 hours today trying to reach Shaw to upgrade my service (adding TV to my current internet). As a customer of 24 years I am sitting here listening to the annoying Shaw music and messages over and over for the second hour+ long phone wait today. I have yet to speak with a service representative. Through my search for an internet/TV bundle I've also discovered that I will pay more than if I were to sign up as a new customer. What kind of business is this?? I expect I will be switching to Telus, even though I expect that in a couple of years I will face the same frustration with them.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help