Jump to solution

Hi. Yes I am happy to report the same thing. It has been...

nanuuk
Grasshopper

Hi. Yes I am happy to report the same thing. It has been about 2 weeks now without spam. Thanks Shaw!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I use this filter to remove all emails not from my contac...

Lightrain
Grasshopper

I use this filter to remove all emails not from my contacts -- you should check spam to see if legit emails need to be added to your contacts!  Of  course spam could originate from Shaw, but most won't. First line select: Address in, from, not-in contacts; then move it into spam.

Also, do you ever get spam from yourself? After all your own email is probably in your contacts. This filter will stop all email from you to you that doesn't originate within the Shaw domain. First line: from, matches exactly, your Shaw email address. [then click on + to add another line to this filter]. Second line: Header named, then type in "Return-path", doesn't match exactly, your Shaw email address; then move it to spam. All email that doesn't originate within the Shaw domain (except spam created within the Shaw domain) will be rejected.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Spam Messages in Inbox Again as of 05-Apr-2021

lmacri
Grasshopper

Hi nanuuk:

Have you seen any new spam messages showing up in your Inbox in the past few days?

I reported <above> that my spam messages stopped around 19-Mar-2021, but I started receiving spam messages in my Inbox again on 05-Apr-2021 that aren't being caught by Shaw's spam filters.  Right now I'm only seeing a few spam e-mails each day so it's not as bad as what I experienced in March 2021, but it's still annoying that I have to log in to my Shaw webmail every day and manually flag these messages as SPAM to notify Shaw and move them to my Junk folder.

Shaw Spam Emails 0 of 6 Detected by Shaw Filters in Three Days 07 Apr 2021.png

Hopefully @shaw-tony is still monitoring this thread.
-------------
64-bit Win 10 Pro v2004 build 19041.867 * Firefox v87.0 * Windows Defender v4.18.2102.4 * MS Outlook 2019 C2R
Dell Inspiron 15 5584, Intel i5-8265U CPU, 8 GB RAM, Toshiba KBG40ZNS256G 256 GB NVMe SSD, Intel UHD Graphics 620

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

ahh, it's not just the email anti spam that doesn't work....

rossonovich
Grasshopper

ahh, it's not just the email anti spam that doesn't work.  Their phone system is completely unable to block robo scam callers, it's a total joke this so called algorithm .  I get at least 2 fake calls a day.  Shaw needs to do like Telus' anti scam and have a caller required to tap an additional key to be connected.  That system works.  I'm in the process of leaving Shaw because of this.  Also, their mobile system sucks too, extremely poor coverage.  I think Shaw should stick to TV, that's about all they can do properly.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

--  their mobile system sucks too, extremely poor coverag...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rossonovich --  their mobile system sucks too, extremely poor coverage.

As a customer of Shaw Mobile, configure your smart-phone to connect to Shaw's "Nationwide" cellular-network, instead of Shaw's own "Shaw" cellular network. There is no extra charge for this "roaming" feature. Any better? 

Or, are you out in the "boondocks", where all cell-towers are very far away?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help