Besides the fact that 200gb is just an example of how the...

NumerousErrors
Grasshopper

Besides the fact that 200gb is just an example of how the service is lacking. Streaming is very much an everyday task, so your statement about that is invalid. I have many friends that stream occasionally for friends, via discord among a small group or on Twitch for the same reason. Shaw delivers a service that is not compatible with this everyday use of the internet. Uploading hundreds of pictures to Instagram or any other backup service is absolutely an example of every day use that Shaw service does not adequately support. I have spoken to neighbors and friends about this who agree that this definition of average user is incorrect, and a great many of "average" internet users do require this level of service. In summary, your average user is in fact not 'average' at all, and is either inexperienced with technology or otherwise avoids the capabilities of the modern internet.

0 Kudos

Hi  ok I get your point but guess what I now went yesterd...

g-idk
Master

Hi @NumerousErrors ok I get your point but guess what I now went yesterday and asked all my neighbors and friends and they agree with my statement so let's just agree to disagree on what average is.  When I say average internet use I'm counting all of Canada including little villages up north and everything in-between not just large urban area's that rely on constant internet use.  And yes there is a large large percentage of people that are inexperienced with technology and avoid the capabilities of the modern internet.  ( Tech support people run into this problem constantly).  So anyways I do get your point and for your use and many many others it is too slow of upload speed and hopefully Shaw will start increasing the upload speed at some point.       

- As of today, Shaw is now offering "up to 100 Mbps" uplo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@kombi - As of today, Shaw is now offering "up to 100 Mbps" uploads on some of their residential plans, in some of their serviced areas. Better? 🙂

0 Kudos

Hi  guess what just phoned and talked to Shaw since I hav...

g-idk
Master

Hi @mdk guess what just phoned and talked to Shaw since I have internet 300, but there is a catch involved, you must have the Blue Curve Modem to receive the upgrade if like me you stay with the Hitron Modem you will not get the increased upload speeds, they say it can not handle it. (don't know if that is actually true).  Anyways since I don't actually need the increase upload I'll stick with my Hitron for now.  Boy oh Boy always a catch.  

0 Kudos

Could be because the Hitron is DOCSIS 3.0.

rstra
Grand Master

Could be because the Hitron is DOCSIS 3.0.

Hi  you are probably right I did not consider that fact.

g-idk
Master

Hi @rstra you are probably right I did not consider that fact.

0 Kudos

I’ll have to see what it actually uploads at. Last week i...

kombi
Grasshopper

I’ll have to see what it actually uploads at. Last week it was 27

DBF873E6-9074-4871-8FA1-148E545D5CC5.jpeg

0 Kudos

It’s a step up for sure needs to get a bit better to comp...

kombi
Grasshopper

It’s a step up for sure needs to get a bit better to compete with Telus 750 plan 

885ACC86-E0DF-463F-9217-C6DBCD1ADC83.jpeg

TALK TO US
We're here to help