Yes, see so your upload is still in the "reasonable" area...

dietpepsirocks
Grasshopper

Yes, see so your upload is still in the "reasonable" area, its not max but its not dead 1-3 Mbps, there is clearly something wrong on my end.  Especially since I began streaming 1 year ago, with this exact same contract and package, and I was streaming at 1080p 6000 bit rate without a single dropped frame.  Now I'm dropping 77% frames (thousands?) of frames every few minutes.

I understand what you are saying about the number of hops, but you shouldn't lose like 80% of your speeds because the server is located somewhere in the United States and not Canada.

I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba. 

Shaw sent me out a new modem, I have installed it.  No changes.  Same bad bit rates (upload speeds) everywhere I go.  I waited on HOLD for 2 hours and 30 minutes, I had to hang up.  This is really unacceptable.

0 Kudos

The signal to your modem looks good, but I did notice you...

shaw-tony

@dietpepsirocks The signal to your modem looks good, but I did notice your modem has a lot of uncorrectable errors that may be causing the dropped frames.  Can you run a ping test and traceroutes to live.twitch.tv, google.ca, and twitch.tv? 

0 Kudos

--   I waited on HOLD for 2 hours and 30 minutes, I had t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dietpepsirocks --   I waited on HOLD for 2 hours and 30 minutes, I had to hang up. 

While on "hold", did you hear the recorded message that Shaw currently is giving priority to online-chat, instead of telephone?

For me, using online chat gets me connected to a Shaw employee, within 1 or 2 minutes -- much quicker than 2.5 hours!

0 Kudos

-- you shouldn't lose like 80% of your speeds because the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dietpepsirocks -- you shouldn't lose like 80% of your speeds because the server is located somewhere in the United States and not Canada.

There are several issues:

1. problems with your hardware, as @shaw-tony has mentioned,
  2. each router on the "path" to the USA-based server adds a delay,
  3. obviously, you are not the only user of that server -- its connection to the Internet may be saturated, causing slow responses for every connected user.

that affect your interactions with that remote server.

I see that @shaw-tony is also asking you for the output from a few "traceroute" commands.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help