Re: 24 Hour Adult Swim Channel Coming To SHAW ????

bostonbob
Grasshopper

aspratt wrote:

So now that Adultswim is here.  I know it's on free preview, but what happens after?

Do we have to subscribe to this channel after the free preview? What package is it part of on Bluesky? 

I haven't heard anything official from SHAW yet but with other cable companies if you subscribed to the Action channel you would still get the Adult Swim channel. Since I already had the Action channel I am hoping to keep the new channel at no extra cost. Now if you weren't subscribed to the Action channel before I guess you could always get it via the Pick and Pay option or by adding the " Films " theme pack. That theme pack also includes both of the Starz channels plus the IFC, Movietime, Rewind, Silver Screen and TCM channels.

0 Kudos

aspratt
Grasshopper

That's what I am afraid of.  The one package I dont have, and I have the big TV package.  Shaw is just getting too expensive. 

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

aspratt wrote:

That's what I am afraid of.  The one package I dont have, and I have the big TV package.  

Sorry - I just noticed the BlueSky part of your first post. If you really want to keep the Adult Swim channel after the Free Preview is over one option would be to switch out one of your Theme Packs for the " Films " Theme Pack. You could also call SHAW and ask for the Customer Loyalty Department. After I switched from the Personal TV package to the Medium TV package there were still a few channels ( Much Music in HD, the Comedy Network and Animal Planet ) that I wanted that were not part of my 8 Theme Packs. I called Customer Loyalty and they added all 3 channels for only $ 2 a month instead of the $ 12 a month it would normally cost to add 3 channels via the Pick and Pay option. I find that if you are polite and don't threaten that you'll leave SHAW immediately if they don't give you what you want that you are usually successful with what you were looking for.

aspratt wrote:

Shaw is just getting too expensive. 

That's for sure. For the most part I am very satisfied with SHAW's services ( the lack of new HD channels is the one thing that really really frustrates me ) but because of the continuous rate increases I'm pretty sure that I'll be moving on once my 2-year deal ends in May 2020.

0 Kudos

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

Their hd lineup is increasing now, so if you have blue-sky TV, you will get more hd channels no, no more lack of hd.  you have blue-sky?

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

cpmrich36 wrote:

Their hd lineup is increasing now, so if you have blue-sky TV, you will get more hd channels no, no more lack of hd.  you have blue-sky?

Nope - I've got the Gateway. The main reason I don't switch to the Bluesky is the fact that you can't add an expander to the BlueSky box. Since my GF and I have completely different tastes in TV programming we fill up our HD space quite quickly. Heck right now between the Gateway and expander we've got about 420 hours of HD space and we're over 90% filled up. To be honest - I find it extremely insulting that SHAW is adding a bunch of new HD channels to the BlueSky line-up while all of the Gateway users get squat. I still remember being told to wait for that mythical DNU to be completed and then we would be getting a whole bunch of new HD channels. Well that was either an outright lie to keep their customers from bolting or else SHAW really has no idea what the heck they are doing.

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

So the Theme Pack page has been updated and Adult Swim has been added to the " Films " theme pack to replace the  Action channel. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help