Thanks so much! This was helpful, but it took awhile to u...

bcollette
Grasshopper

Thanks so much! This was helpful, but it took awhile to understand the terminology because I am not very tech-savy. For other tech-dinosaurs like me here's what I did:

1. Turn TV on
  2. Press Shaw button on the remote for your main cable box (the one with the time on it)
  3. Use arrow on remote to go to Settings icon on far right
  4. Select Device Settings from Setting menu
  5. In Device Settings menu, go to the bottom and choose Sync DVR
  6. Voila! That worked for us. All our Scheduled shows were restored.

Thanks again. I spent a long time waiting for a Shaw tech to help. She asked her colleagues. I even read your post here in case she understood the terminology. In the end, they could not help. I came back to this post on my own and finally figured out what it meant. 

0 Kudos

Instructions for non-tech-savy users Thanks so much! This...

bcollette
Grasshopper

Instructions for non-tech-savy users

Thanks so much! This was helpful, but it took awhile to understand the terminology because I am not very tech-savy. For other tech-dinosaurs like me here's what I did:

1. Turn TV on
  2. Press Shaw button on the remote for your main cable box (the one with the time on it)
  3. Use arrow on remote to go to Settings icon on far right
  4. Select Device Settings from Setting menu
  5. In Device Settings menu, go to the bottom and choose Sync DVR
  6. Voila! That worked for us. All our Scheduled shows were restored.

Thanks again. I spent a long time waiting for a Shaw tech to help. She asked her colleagues. I even read your post here in case she understood the terminology. In the end, they could not help. I came back to this post on my own and finally figured out what it meant. 

0 Kudos

Fast forward a year or so and little doubt shaw has not r...

debory
Grasshopper

Fast forward a year or so and little doubt shaw has not resolved this problem . Happened to me a few days ago and the customer support is singularly useless in being able to help. This wireless 4K system is pretty much the pits . Reverting back to the older coax boxes or a  new provider .

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help