Hi, I also wish this will be resolved soon, as end of sup...

g-idk
Master

Hi, I also wish this will be resolved soon, as end of support for flash ends soon (I think beginning of 2021).  I'm not 100% sure but I believe the problem lies with Comcast/Xfinity as this is all their equipment and core software that Shaw uses under license and lease.  If the Xfinity web based program for pc in the States is still using Flash, then we will probably have to wait until they make the appropriate changes needed.  Anyways just my 2 cents, Please whomever is responsible Fix This!  Does anyone know someone in the states who has Xfinity and uses the pc web based player to verify if it is still using Flash. Not the app but the web browser version?  Ok Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi again, ok just found out  that Comcast/Xfinity is the...

g-idk
Master

Hi again, ok just found out @Pixeldrummer that Comcast/Xfinity is the exact same thing and uses Flash for the browser version, so as I was saying on my previous post, we probably have to wait until Comcast/Xfinity make the necessary changes to the core software.  Hopefully the Comcast/Xfinity customers have been complaining about this as well or this feature for the pc access is going to go the way of the dodo.

0 Kudos

Will 100% be cancelling my service if this is not resolve...

mkdonald
Grasshopper

Will 100% be cancelling my service if this is not resolved by the end of support date for browsers. I utilize Bluecurve quite frequently and there are competitors out there who have already sorted this out.

Same, will be cancelling service if this isn't resolved s...

patcw
Grasshopper

Same, will be cancelling service if this isn't resolved soon. I use bluecurve on my pc while hubby watches the tv. We wouldn't use Shaw if both services were not available.

Last time I asked shaw directly when flash would be no longer needed I got laughed at, both by the woman on the phone and apparently the techs she asked when I insisted on an answer. 

0 Kudos

-- Last time I asked shaw directly when FLASH would be no...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@patcw -- Last time I asked shaw directly when FLASH would be no longer needed, I got laughed at, both by the woman on the phone 

That responses was inappropriate.

0 Kudos

I have the exact problem with MacBook Air - Safari.  What...

Miranda_Barnes
Grasshopper

I have the exact problem with MacBook Air - Safari.  What do I do now?  I can't watch TV on my computer as Adobe Flash Player is obsolete....  HELP Please!  thanks

-- I have the exact problem with MacBook Air - Safari.  W...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Miranda_Barnes -- I have the exact problem with MacBook Air - Safari.  What do I do now?  

Stop using Safari, and install some other web-browser, e.g., Google Chrome, or Microsoft Edge for Mac.

Or, wait until Shaw officially announces a "Flash-free" version of their software.

It's now October 2020 - It appears Shaw expects you to wa...

Len65
Grasshopper

It's now October 2020 - It appears Shaw expects you to watch Blue Curve via app on an Apple or Android device. If you have a Windows 10 device you're forced to "watch online" via browser which is where the Flash player problem is. So basically, there's no support for Windows 10.

0 Kudos

Hi  this topic has been covered quite a lot on here,  the...

g-idk
Master

Hi @Len65 this topic has been covered quite a lot on here,  the problem is not with Shaw, but with Comcast/Xfinity in the United States,  All Blue Curve hardware and Core Software has been licensed from Comcast for Shaw to use.  This is also affecting all Rogers Ignite tv customers in Canada because they too are using the Comcast/Xfinity Hardware and Core Software system, and of course it is also affecting Millions of Xfinity customers in the States.  Comcast has said they are working on it and won't let our customers down but that's about all they have said on the matter.  So like all the rest of us we have to wait to see what Comcast/Xfinity does on the matter.  

TALK TO US
We're here to help