Shaw's intelligent chat assistant it totally useless, It...

johnfmullane
Grasshopper

Shaw's intelligent chat assistant it totally useless, It could be a form of dementia to keep repeating the same question that has been answered multiple times.

0 Kudos

Gordon1111 you are very polite! I feel more strongly abou...

Betsy694
Grasshopper

Gordon1111 you are very polite! I feel more strongly about this (and all of the other negatives we now have because we "upgraded" to bluecurve!) I It is not an upgrade and the voice control isnt even a plus, really. Thanks for asking about this.

0 Kudos

This is a huge pain in the you know what. This must be ch...

beeh2024
Grasshopper

This is a huge pain in the you know what. This must be changed. It drives everyone who has shaw crazy. The pausing should not be limited to 50 seconds, it is ridiculous. Please let me know when this is changed or we, most likely are going back to Telus. This can be changed easily and is not acceptable. 

0 Kudos

I completely agree, it is the most ridiculous and faulty...

beeh2024
Grasshopper

I completely agree, it is the most ridiculous and faulty problem with Shaw amongst all the other issues, we are considering going back to Telus. There should no limit to when you pause..so annoying.

0 Kudos

-- we are considering going back to Telus. That's fine, b...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@beeh2024 -- we are considering going back to Telus.

That's fine, but remember that you may have signed a two-year contract with Shaw/Rogers.

If you cancel, there is a $15/month fee, for each of the remaining months, to cancel TV, and there also is a $15/month fee, for each of the remaining months, to cancel Internet. 

In previous years, the fee was $15/month for cancelling one service, and $20/month for cancelling both services.

Ask Telus if they will give you offsetting "Telus credit" for those fees, if you switch today.  Several times, this promotion was offered to me, during the COVID-19 lock-down.

0 Kudos

We already talked to Telus, we will get everything we hav...

beeh2024
Grasshopper

We already talked to Telus, we will get everything we have for 50% what we are paying now and more channels. We are at the end of our contract, and with the problems we have had even if they tried to get any money, we would never pay it.

0 Kudos

wrote: even if they tried to get any money, we would neve...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@beeh2024 wrote: even if they tried to get any money, we would never pay it.

The contract you signed with Shaw obligates you to pay any cancellation fees.  Any unpaid amounts (and non-returned Shaw hardware) will be sent by Shaw/Rogers to a Collection Agency, and may hurt your credit rating.  You don't want to go there. Correct?

You are fortunate to be near the end of your Shaw/Rogers two-year Value Plan contract. As soon as Telus has connected you, cancel your last few months with Shaw -- to pay the $30 per month fee, rather than paying the full monthly amount ($200 ??) that Shaw/Rogers has been charging you.

As a new customer of Telus, you should get their promotional pricing for the first 12 months, rather than the "full" monthly fees that existing subscribers pay.  Great for you!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help