Jump to solution

Update, no improvement at all, TV’s still freeze (sound a...

dfaminoff78
Grasshopper

Update, no improvement at all, TV’s still freeze (sound and picture) multiple times per day, not sure what else Shaw can do as I’ve had a tech out three times now, I’m paying for a subpar service.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

--  I’m stuck in a one year contract; might have to see i...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dfaminoff78 --  I’m stuck in a one year contract; might have to see if I can get out and go back to Telus.

Twice this year:

1. door-to-door, pre-COVID, by a two-person team of Telus employees,

2. via telephone, last week, from Telus,

I was offered a full "buy-out" of the existing (9) months on my two-year Value Plan, if I switched to TELUS.

So, contact TELUS, and see if you can get that offer.  I presume that TELUS would have given me a $180 discount, not "cash", and Telus may have specified a THREE year contract.

If you can get the offer, tell Shaw that you are cancelling, and remember to get instructions on how to return any "rented" Shaw hardware, to avoid being charged by Shaw for keeping it.

Jump to solution

I switched to Fibre+ Gig from whatever Shaw was offering...

Hesscham
Grasshopper

I had a technician come in. Showed up 30 minutes past the 2 hour window without a courtesy call or update. Had to give him a mask. He wasn't wearing gloves. Had to ask him to take his shoes off. I swear, I thought I was being pranked. lol. He had no idea why he was in my condo. He barely spoke English and I struggled to explain to him what was going on. He wanted "Proof. You show Proof". This issue isn't something you can easily "prove" as it happens sporadically and for a a few seconds. He didn't understand that. He changed the coaxial cable that goes from the wall into the modem thinking that will "fix it", did some test that he didn't explain and then left.

The audio issue is still persisting. Shocker! I am going to call Shaw Again and explain what happened and request another technician. haha. such a mess. I feel like I am just going to have to tolerate this.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I will let everyone knows what the second technician does

Hesscham
Grasshopper

I will let everyone knows what the second technician does

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Spoke to Shaw on chat, they ran a few reports and found t...

dfaminoff78
Grasshopper

Spoke to Shaw on chat, they ran a few reports and found that the lines from the road to the house are bad, they even found that others in our area are having similar issues with the modems, this is what they told me:

Hey Darryl, sorry to hear the problems are still happening. I dug around in the account a bit and I'm still seeing some *very* bad signal, both from your address and in the general area, so we definitely want to get this addresses. Seems the last tech might not have been made aware of this larger issue, so we'll want to rebook and have a plant tech come out and check your place and the wider area to get these issues under control.

We will need to book another service call for you, but the tech might not need to visit at the booked time. Just in case they do, we still want to book an appointment where someone will be home in case we need access, but if it gets done prior to the booked call we'll be sure to touch base and advise you.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The technician should have picked up on the area issue, h...

rstra
Grand Master

The technician should have picked up on the area issue, hopefully the plant ops technician can get it fixed for you. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks for the updates. Since I switched to the Gig+ and...

dionysis
Grasshopper

Thanks for the updates. Since I switched to the Gig+ and new modem/wireless pods, I too have been experiencing the sound drops/video issues. I too tried connecting via ethernet cable but the issues persisted. Not sure if I can go back to the previous equipment (which worked just fine) but I am sure Shaw would be reluctant to do this.

Can I ask what part of town you live in? I have read elsewhere that the community I live in (Edgemont in the N.W.) has problems with the cabling which are causing this issue.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I’m out in Kelowna BC, Shaw had a member looking at the c...

dfaminoff78
Grasshopper

I’m out in Kelowna BC, Shaw had a member looking at the cable bunker yesterday and they ran a test and the issue improved a bit but still noise in the lines so they need the do further investigations, they told me that the whole neighborhood that is using Shaw is having issues but I’m the first one to keep complaining about it, anyways Shaw was also working on the issue today I’m guessing as our internet was out for 1/2 an hour but I’m still having issues with the TV and internet so it looks like my a Shaw tech will be back out to my place on Friday to check things out again in my house, I don’t think they will find anything as I’m confident at this point it’s the main line that runs from the bunker to my house that is having issues, hopefully it gets fixed before the snow comes, I need the internet to do my work at home as well.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I'm in Calgary but having the same problems. I'm this min...

thelk
Grasshopper

I'm in Calgary but having the same problems.

I'm this minute having the same issues with my television! After years of loyal service using all the Shaw services in a bundle, paying my bills on time, I now have to make the decision on whether to continue with them.  I've been through the technician chat, even changed equipment and have called them, tried their online information to 'fix issues' the last call with them, things improved for a short while and it's happening again - I turned the TV off early last night because I couldn't watch it. The last time I was promised a credit on my bill for not being able to watch TV for a couple of days - it never happened...

My landline phone works for while during a call and after a few minutes the intermittent, glitchy sound starts and I can't continue to use it and have to revert to my cell phone - so disappointed... I wonder if there's somewhere to go to file a complaint, surely this is not right?  They'll take your money and if you're late they ding you with interest charges etc. you pay your bills on time yet no loyalty from them. 

Jump to solution

Time for a service call.

rstra
Grand Master

Time for a service call. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help