Jump to solution

As mentioned in a previous post, technician came out and...

Hesscham
Grasshopper

As mentioned in a previous post, technician came out and had no clue what I was talking about or how to fix it. So he did his routine "run a test" "switch a cord" and "move the modem over here instead" to fix the problem. Didn't fix at all. I don't want a technician coming back out as it will be the same thing. I agree with a few other people on here that this happened the moment they upgraded me to Fibre Gig+. So that is what I am correlating it too. Oh well! I feel like it's one of those things I am going to have to suck up until my contract ends. Shame because the Blue Curve OS is amazing

Jump to solution

There are about four people posting their issues and trou...

rstra
Grand Master

There are about four people posting their issues and trouble shooting steps on this thread, so it is becoming a little convoluted. Anyway, I was replying to @thelk 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

It just shows that my issue is quit common and it amazes...

dfaminoff78
Grasshopper

It just shows that my issue is quit common and it amazes me that Shaw has no idea what the issue is.

Jump to solution

I've been having the same issues with dropouts freezing t...

Pedro_in_Wpg
Grasshopper

I've been having the same issues with dropouts freezing the video and muting the audio too. More so the last month or two and it's been becoming increasingly worse.

I've had the Bluecurve for 8 months and didn't notice these issues for the first 6. I will contact tech support tomorrow and file a complaint and a service request. 🤞

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have also been having the same issues since I went to F...

omar222
Grasshopper

I have also been having the same issues since I went to Fibre Gig.  I totally regret switching.  Internet may be faster although I can't tell but TV has been way worse.  I have 3 TV's with boxes and all of them have the sound dropping intermittently.   

I was really, really hopping to not have to call shaw for support and have a technician come out.  I've had some good techs in the past but it always starts the same. Change the cable, power things up and down. Then it moves outside and they do something.... I think.  I've lived here 17 years now and I know at least three times SHAW had to boost the signal from somewhere.  I assume something was done but no way really to tell.  17 years later I still have issues with signal.

Oh well. I guess I will call in to support as well on my issue.

I'm in Winnipeg BTW.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Chatted with support again and explained my situation and...

Hesscham
Grasshopper

Chatted with support again and explained my situation and she explained:

"We do have an emerging issue right now with wifi cable boxes experiencing what you are describing (audio cutting out sporadically). We have our operations team investigating the issue as well speak. We do not have an eta on when it will be resolved. The issue is not just with your connection.

They are working to have it resolved as soon as possible as it is affecting customer in all areas :("

Jump to solution

We’re having the same issues- at first we thought it was...

JillC
Grasshopper

We’re having the same issues- at first we thought it was just the ball games as we’re otherwise watching Sopranos on demand and no issues- but today any channel is driving me crazy!!! I dread calling support as the customer service has really gone down in 20+ years of being a Shaw loyalist... ugh- if it’s a “known” problem sounds like I might just spare the pain of trying to call 👎🏻

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

There is this service alert, but it is quite vague.  http...

rstra
Grand Master
0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Mine is working properly again

greblosdier
Grasshopper

I found the service notice describing an "outage" of the BlueCurve IPTV vague too, so I got in touch with a support agent via chat this morning.  The agent confirmed the issues I was experiencing over the last couple of days (1-2 second audio dropouts and image artifacts) are part of the issue being investigated.  I'd already tried restarting the boxes and gateway to no avail, I removed a splitter  that was left over from before I had the gateway and my downstream signal went from -10dBmV to 1dBmV.  That didn't resolve the issue either, nor was I having any issues with my Internet 300 beforehand.  I've had the BlueCurve XB6/Xi6 since July and this is the first time I've had any trouble.  My Xi6 boxes are connected with Ethernet via a gigabit switch to the gateway and seem to be infinitely more reliable than my neighbour's that are using wifi.  In the last hour or so, the TV issue seems to have resolved.  HLN seemed to be the channel most affected before and it's fine now.

Jump to solution

I had an the Shaw tech call me this morning, he did confi...

dfaminoff78
Grasshopper

I had an the Shaw tech call me this morning, he did confirm that my block is having issues with all of the Shaw customers on my block, he said that it is steaming from the cable system under the road and that he would be by to do further testing and they will send out the appropriate repair department to get us back to normal, it’s been so long I don’t remember what normal is.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help