-- I contacted Shaw and they are sending a tech over next...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Aztek7 -- I contacted Shaw and they are sending a tech over next week. 

Keep us informed.

The Shaw technician will be able to check the "signal-strength" reaching their BlueCurve, because bad signal-strength will cause problems.

The Shaw technician may also cut off the connectors on some coaxial cables, and add new connectors.

Have you tried connecting a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) between your wall-outlet and the power-cord to the BlueCurve, to provide "smoothed" power to the BlueCurve?

If you have more than one XI6 "remote" TV boxes, can you physically exchange them, to see if the issue moves when the XI6 boxes have moved?

0 Kudos

I’m having the same problem for 1st time just now,tv turn...

Axe
Grasshopper

I’m having the same problem for 1st time just now,tv turned itself off & trying to turn itself on unsuccessfully but keeps trying.I have unplugged everything with no results.other 2 tv’s are working fine.It’s the main tv hooked up to galaxy box.Dunno what else to do

0 Kudos

So, what was the final fix?

DexRazor
Grasshopper

So, what was the final fix?

0 Kudos

-- TV turned itself off & trying to turn itself on unsucc...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@DexRazor -- TV turned itself off & trying to turn itself on unsuccessfully but keeps trying.

If you disconnect the HDMI cable from TV from the Shaw/Rogers TV box, at the box, and connect that end of the cable to your DVD-player, can you play a DVD, through the HDMI cable, into your TV?

Or, try changing the HDMI cable.

Or, try changing the TV -- it could be broken, and not powering-on, even when not connected to any "input" (HDMI, Coaxial, Composite, Component).

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help