The latest model is just a streaming box, no PVR. However...

rickatk
Master

@tc10 The latest model is just a streaming box, no PVR. However you can record and store tv show in the Blue Curve cloud. All works well.

Also my BlueCurve boxes perform very well and the picture is crisp and clear. I found the picture better than the Apple TV streamer. There seems to be less Moire. 

Fibre Gig 1.5 

0 Kudos

here I am almost 3 years after your post. I'm having the...

Riduf
Grasshopper

here I am almost 3 years after your post. I'm having the same issues. But it's only on Sports especially hockey. There's a contour around all the players of pixelation. It's not a frame rate issue. I had the cable service through a Gateway before switching to Blue curve, and the Gateway picture is much better. On the blue curve 4K looks like HD, and HD looks like standard definition.

0 Kudos

Ou Shaw Arris TV Gateway 1TB external PVR storage drive j...

tc10
Grasshopper

Ou Shaw Arris TV Gateway 1TB external PVR storage drive just crashed so I am now having to move to BlueCurve TV and doing some updated research.

Is BlueCurve TV still limited to 500 GBs of storage for shows & movies?

Does Shaw have an option to add more TV shows & movies storage in the Cloud yet? 

0 Kudos

-- are some of your questions answered on this Shaw web-p...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@tc10 -- are some of your questions answered on this Shaw web-page ?

To anyone still having this issue, we just switched from...

Darren0306
Grasshopper

To anyone still having this issue, we just switched from Telus optik to Shaw bluecurve and I can confirm that the picture quality is absolutely subpar.

As said previously, 4k looks like barely HD and HD looks like 480p.   Currently have a technician coming to look at it, even the Netflix on the box looks like garbage, switched to the Netflix on my tv and it looks fantastic.

Its not my tv either, I have a 65" LG C2 and I have carefully and properly calibrated it.  Also, I had Telus before this and the picture quality (for cable) was 2nd to none.

Wll update after the tech makes his visit.

0 Kudos

Have you checked the picture settings with the box? If yo...

rstra
Grand Master

@Darren0306  Have you checked the picture settings with the box? If you have a wireless box, it could also be poor wifi. Picture on my BlueCure is awesome.

0 Kudos

I was on the phone with a Shaw Guy today and we ran throu...

Darren0306
Grasshopper

I was on the phone with a Shaw Guy today and we ran through some troubleshooting, to no avail.

0 Kudos

Well, same here. Switched from coax to wifi Xi6 boxes and...

dalehuhtala
Grasshopper

Well, same here. Switched from coax to wifi Xi6 boxes and it looks terrible! Extremely compressed, low resolution images. I don't think it quite reaches 720 levels...closer to 480. The 4K TSN channels are slightly better and are running more like 720. I have 3 boxes on different TVs. All look like crap. As I knew they would, they blame it on my modem being set in bridge mode because I want to use my own mesh wifi routers which are far superior. I tried disabling bridge mode and tried connecting to their router but it makes no difference. I have over 500 Mbps wirelessly at each location. Tried wired ethernet, no difference.

I have a technician coming in about 10 days to look at it. If he says that is normal, then it is time to cut the cord!

What a terrible experience! And then making me box up all their crap and mail it to them! Wow...couldn't be worse service if they tried. And they are trying.

0 Kudos

-- you have responses in your other 2 very-similar thread...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dalehuhtala -- you have responses in your other 2 very-similar threads:

1. https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-discussions/blue-sky-tv-poor-picture-quality/m-p/63862

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-discussions/is-ignite-tv-quality-really-this-bad/m-p/63840

There is a very small group of volunteers who try to help within this discussion forum.

Unfortunately, "triple-posting" is going to get similar responses for all 3 threads.

It is now 2023 and it still sucks. I hate it. Have an exp...

LH22
Grasshopper

It is now 2023 and it still sucks. I hate it. Have an expensive TV and with gateways watching sports was like being there live. Now I want to cry every time I am watching. Seriously considering switching to Telus after 30 years with shaw.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help