Blue Curve

Thomct
Grasshopper

I am trying to watch Sportsnet channel 217 on blue curve. Channel is unwatchable. Constant freezing and sound drops off. It even switches to low def. Tried rebooting and restart to no avail. Not worth $248 a month.

Labels (1)
6 Replies

Same issue tonight. Freezing…low def…sound off…whatever 🙁

Thomct
Grasshopper

Same issue tonight. Freezing…low def…sound off…whatever 🙁

0 Kudos

-- this is a peer-to-peer discussion group, not a direct...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Thomct -- this is a peer-to-peer discussion group, not a direct path to Shaw Support [1-888-472-2222].

Call them, and get them to remotely logon to your BlueCurve, for them to view the "signal strength" reaching the BlueCurve, because poor signal-strength can cause issues.  Also, do you have a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) between your wall-outlet and your BlueCurve, to provide "smooth" power to the BlueCurve?

0 Kudos

All our sports channels and food channels, everything for...

brucered
Grasshopper

All our sports channels and food channels, everything for that matter, has been very pixelated the past week or so.

TSN is almost unwatchable at times but streams on the TV app perfectly. 

0 Kudos

--  this is a peer-to-peer discussion group, not a direct...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@brucered --  this is a peer-to-peer discussion group, not a direct path to Shaw Support [1-888-472-2222].

Call them, and get them to remotely logon to your BlueCurve, for them to view the "signal strength" reaching the TV box, because poor signal-strength can cause issues.  Also, do you have a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) between your wall-outlet and your TV box, to provide "smooth" power to the TV box?

You said that your Internet feed, through the cable-modem, seems to be fine.  Run the Shaw Speed Test, to confirm that it is "full-speed" -- to match your subscribed speed.

0 Kudos

I understand it's not a direct line to Shaw/Rogers, but i...

brucered
Grasshopper

I understand it's not a direct line to Shaw/Rogers, but if you can't vent on a forum about crappy service and see if another member has a solution based on past experience, what is the point of this forum?

0 Kudos

wrote: what is the point of this forum? To see if another...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@brucered wrote: what is the point of this forum?

To see if another volunteer contributor has a solution based on past experience, and to solicit "I am having the same issue" responses.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help