Well I am happy to report it appears that my issues have...

Lori_Anne
Grasshopper

Well I am happy to report it appears that my issues have been corrected.  We had a tech come out last Saturday and did some trouble shooting.  Tech replaced our modem and a couple cables to the modem he thought may be a problem.  He also split the two wifi signals 2.4 & 5 from the auto setting.  Much better picture now.  I will say however I think the picture did improve before his visit as per the previous reply from Shaw above.

i have also now run an Ethernet cable to our main TV to avoid any potiential wifi issues. So far so good.  Canucks game looks great tonight.  Thank god!  I hope it stays this way.

Anyway in my opinion run Ethernet if you can or at least split those 2 wifi signals from auto.

Hi,  I'm having the same problem with sports on multiple...

Jdl
Grasshopper

Hi, 

I'm having the same problem with sports on multiple tvs. Wasn't an issue before switching. Have had both boxes switched out which did nothing. Modem was the last thing changed when the senior tech came out.

Same issue continues and seems to fluctuate through the day, though never clear with sports. Changing the input from 4k to 1080p doesn't help either. Also tried connected with Ethernet. 

0 Kudos

I've had Bluesky for a almost a month now and am having i...

SeanCurtis
Grasshopper

I've had Bluesky for a almost a month now and am having issues with sports broadcast quality. Especially hockey. From what I'm seeing I'm by far not the only one. 

The Shaw support guy had me convinced it was the broadcaster (Sportsnet). The next day I watched a flames game on a buddy's system (Telus) . Night and day better quality. They even had me questioning the quality of my brand new $2000 4k samsung. My buddy's set is an older Visio!!!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Based on all the postings it sounds like Shaw is trying to cover their tracks.I wonder if I can cancel. It's been less than 30 days. 

0 Kudos

I have had similar positive experiences with splitting th...

rickatk
Master

@Lori_Anne wrote:

Well I am happy to report it appears that my issues have been corrected.  We had a tech come out last Saturday and did some trouble shooting.  Tech replaced our modem and a couple cables to the modem he thought may be a problem.  He also split the two wifi signals 2.4 & 5 from the auto setting.  Much better picture now.  I will say however I think the picture did improve before his visit as per the previous reply from Shaw above.

i have also now run an Ethernet cable to our main TV to avoid any potiential wifi issues. So far so good.  Canucks game looks great tonight.  Thank god!  I hope it stays this way.

Anyway in my opinion run Ethernet if you can or at least split those 2 wifi signals from auto.

I have had similar positive experiences with splitting the bands. Better connection for the TVs further away on the 2.4GHZ. Picture quality has been good when connection is stable. To that end, I added three pods, everything running well now...very good picture too!

0 Kudos

Don't give up...contact tech support ask them to your pin...

rickatk
Master

@SeanCurtis 

Don't give up...contact tech support ask them to your ping your boxes make sure they are all working properly. Try splitting your bands to 2.4 and 5GHz. Point your TV box to the best signal. Ask for a site visit.

There is lots you can do before returning the gear.

When I spoke to the rep. online, they said the connection...

SeanCurtis
Grasshopper

When I spoke to the rep. online, they said the connection was fine from their end. He quickly wrote off my video clarity concerns to being a broadcaster issue. He was more interested in our video freezing-audio drop problems (of which we have begun logging for Shaw).

I just want to be sure this isn't a provider-wide issue that most customers aren't picking up. My wife couldn't even see the issue until I pointed it out. I always noticed the drop in video clarity during increase in speed during a play (hockey), on my old PVR boxes. I always thought it was my TV. But now I'm running a Samsung RU8000 series 4K set with bluesky, and it's noticeably worse.

My entire house is hard-wired (coax). Maybe I should have them switch out the wifi setup and go with the hard wired system if nothing else works.They had given me that option when I signed up.But like I mentioned, Shaw told me the signal was excellent.

0 Kudos

My entire house is hard-wired (coax). Maybe I should have...

rickatk
Master

@SeanCurtis  My entire house is hard-wired (coax). Maybe I should have them switch out the wifi setup and go with the hard wired system if nothing else works.They had given me that option when I signed up.But like I mentioned, Shaw told me the signal was excellent.

Ahhh I missed that. If your problem persists I suggest taking your wireless gear back and going to the hardwired versions. As far as I know better to connect with a cable, not unlike any situation comparing a wired v wireless connection. The downside is having to contend with a larger main unit, so last decade. You will still have cloud PVR.

I was eager to get on the wireless Xi6 boxes because I didn’t have a connection to the kitchen. I do now. The picture quality is quite good but there was a little bit of effort and pods to get to that point. 

Has anyone resolved these issues? Four years later, I'm i...

dalehuhtala
Grasshopper

Has anyone resolved these issues? Four years later, I'm installing this service and the picture quality is terrible! I don't think it's even streaming at 720. Three different boxes, three different TVs, different modems, different routers, bridged mode, non-bridged mode, wired, wireless, etc. All still looks terrible. Has anyone ever found a fix?

0 Kudos

Hi  , I just noticed you have like 3 threads going all in...

g-idk
Master

Hi @dalehuhtala , I just noticed you have like 3 threads going all involving the same subject.  I don't think you would be getting the answers you seek any quicker this way.  Wish I had a good answer for you, but alas I don't.  Many people do get excellent picture quality and I have read on here that also many people are not getting the picture they are paying for, so something is amiss.  Hopefully you can find a solution.  Sorry I was unable to help.  

TALK TO US
We're here to help