That may be so, but this problem didn't exist before we m...

Dave_F
Grasshopper

That may be so, but this problem didn't exist before we moved from our old Shaw PVR to the new Blue Curve PVR.

0 Kudos

Mine is doing it on channel 532 as well. The show descrip...

Rmunkler
Grasshopper

Mine is doing it on channel 532 as well. The show description does not have an episode title and the description is a generic description of the series. 

0 Kudos

> The show description does not have an episode title and...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> The show description does not have an episode title and the description is a generic description of the series. 

I have seen the same description when using the Guide to look a few weeks ahead for the description of SURVIVOR. All I see for those future broadcasts is the "generic" description of SURVIVOR, along with a "New" tag.  Closer to the air-date of the episode, the description in the Guide for that episode has been updated.

So, either your PVR is not receiving those "updates", or the TV channel is not sending-out those "updates", leaving each episode as "new", but with the "generic" description.  If the former, that is Shaw's problem. If the latter, that is a problem with the information provided by the TV channel.

After recording, look at the description of each recording. Does it show as "new" or as a "repeat" ?

0 Kudos

This has happened to us ever since we switched to Blue Cu...

steeztac53
Grasshopper

This has happened to us ever since we switched to Blue Curve. We have tried resetting from our end and Shaw's end and nothing. It only happens on shows like NCIS, NCIS New Orleans, NCIS LA, Magnum PI, MacGyver etc. I believe they are all CTV shows but I'm not positive which channels they are being recorded on. 

0 Kudos

I spoke to the Shaw store In person about this yesterday...

Grahamdobson
Grasshopper

I spoke to the Shaw store In person about this yesterday and their IT department has NOT made this a priority. 
TELUS apparently does not have the same issue so I am exploring a move as my personal time spent deleting the recorded “old that are tagged new” shows is more expensive than my monthly SHAW bill. 
I’ll keep you posted. 
FYI, I’ve been with SHAW for over 35 years but .....

0 Kudos

-- assuming that you have correctly configured the series...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Grahamdobson -- assuming that you have correctly configured the series, the problem originates either with the network providing incorrect information to the company that collects the "guide" information, or with the company that distributes the "guide" information.

So, if Shaw won't contact either of the above companies, your only recourse is to make contact with those companies, and hope that they will respond.

0 Kudos

True. Blue a Curve not worth it to me.  I’m exploring Tel...

Grahamdobson
Grasshopper

True. Blue a Curve not worth it to me. 
I’m exploring Telus, streaming  and Satellite options.

0 Kudos

So I had the same issue some time ago. The fix for me was...

robmann
Grasshopper

So I had the same issue some time ago. The fix for me was to change my recordings to be "new" but on a specific channel. All my recordings were previously on HD preferred. As an example NCIS was new, hd preferred and was recording on Global but when Crime(532) started showing it as new I started to get multiple recordings - Global and Crime. Never had an issue since.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the follow-up.  With allt he technology and aw...

Mhooks
Grasshopper

Thanks for the follow-up.  With allt he technology and awarenss out there, this is rather emberassing for Shaw that that cant or wont fix this.  I\m sure its done on purpose to get more recordings and viewings as it must help with ad revenue stats.  I didnt have this issue with telus as they know what they are doing and i will be swithcing back to them as well.  My DVR is full of "new" recoirdings that are all repeats.  Often there will be 5 Shark Tank episodes that just reocrded and they're all the same.  What a joke.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help