Re: Bluesky is not worth the money

nascardog
Grasshopper

You cannot record [from the beginning] a show in progress on the Gateway.

It will just start recording from the point you are watching.

0 Kudos

I agree with the leg and everything else you said except...

Classatim
Grasshopper

I agree with the leg and everything else you said except for one thing you can go into the settings and adjust whether you wanted 720 1080 P or even hire you can pick that setting so in that way it is better but the fast-forward rewind and the leg is absolutely terrible something from 20 years ago it seems like I am extremely disappointed wish I went with Telus will be telling everybody to go to Telus and less they fix this ASAP

Actually most people go and record shows that they’re not...

Classatim
Grasshopper

Actually most people go and record shows that they’re not currently watching you record shows in advance or stuff that’s on when you’re not home so when you get home you can watch it record is not designed to record and show half over  this is a very stupid and valid point you’re making 

0 Kudos

I got the BlueSky today. It's the slimmer model where you...

BMan36
Grasshopper

I got the BlueSky today. It's the slimmer model where you can have no lights in the front. There is no clock in the front. Tech was great. had to go outside and add and replace the ends of the cable and also on the pole. It was VCR quality when first hooked up but by putting better ends on, I got a very nice HD signal. Remote was easy to use once you got use to it. No manual and the one online was for an older model. So all around decent unit.
Things I didn't like. Using voice to find CTV it would bring up CTV that I was not subscribed to. I guess have to have time shift?
No PVR button on the remote. Using voice will find it though or take many steps to access it
You cannot turn off the screen saver. Why? TV's haven't had burn on for many years now.
No capability to add an external drive even though it had a USB port in the back.

Now this may have nothing to do with the package I was offered, but as soon as the offer was done, my internet went down to 12 MBPS from average of 240. Called Shaw and they fixed everything on their end. I then cancelled the contract just for the TV (only have 10 days or you will be locked in) but offered internet 600. I said okay. Then my internet went really slow again. Called Shaw again. Now a tech will be coming out next week.  I should have left everything the way it was and not bother with the TV as each time something was added, my internet went super slow. Coincidence? Maybe.

A Youtube Video of the new model, or actually have a working model playing in one of the "stores" of the new ones, or even a PDF manual would have helped.

0 Kudos

thank you for your feedback, I will certainly pass that a...

shaw-tony

@BMan36 thank you for your feedback, I will certainly pass that along. As for the content for the equipment, you can find that here. That is very odd that your service has degraded, it may be another reason to why that has happened. Hopefully, the technician will get that fixed up. Keep me posted!

0 Kudos

It is beyond HORRIBLE. I just finished watching something...

Fortier
Grasshopper

It is beyond HORRIBLE. I just finished watching something I had recorded. It kept freezing and unfreezing, muting and unmuting, can't properly FF or rewind - just gets "stuck" and then jumps way ahead. This was definitely a huge mistake, I'd go back to the old system in a heartbeat. Does anyone think there is any point is a service call? I'd list all the problems we've had with it but I really just don't have the time.

0 Kudos

very sorry to hear of that. Are you noticing it with all...

shaw-tony

@Fortier very sorry to hear of that. Are you noticing it with all recorded TV content? If it is an ongoing issue, a service technician is recommend to get that fixed right up!

0 Kudos

Not with every recorded program. Some are fine, some are...

Fortier
Grasshopper

Not with every recorded program. Some are fine, some are almost unwatchable. I'll call for an appointment I suppose.

0 Kudos

Agreed! Not to mention my biggest pet peeve with Bluesky...

HenryO
Grasshopper

Agreed! Not to mention my biggest pet peeve with Bluesky vs. the old Gateway... you used to be able to rewind your previously viewed channel - but not anymore. This was a great feature that they removed for some boneheaded reason. Shaw seems to be going backwards. 

I just set up the Blue Curve and I couldn't be more disap...

Thisguy
Grasshopper

I just set up the Blue Curve and I couldn't be more disappointed. The gateway was better by a large margin. Blue Curve is all useless gimmicks and has nothing of actual use or importance that makes it worth the 2 year contract for all the reasons that everyone already stated and then some. If the internet goes out you can't even watch your recorded content. Not to mention that even if you're recording a show while watching it on that channel but switch channels and come back to it, you can't watch it from where you left off. You then have to find it in the recordings, which even shows you what channel is recording said show, and watch it that way. If then you want to watch what's on that channel right after your first show, you can't from the beginning unless you've set it to record because while you're in your recordings the channel doesn't record. How anyone thinks that this is an upgrade is beyond me. I'll be canceling this tomorrow and probably moving on to Telus. This, in my opinion, is absolute garbage. The only good thing about it is the incorporation of the sports stats that you can pop up on the screen while watching but that could have been added to the gateway and on its own isn't worth "upgrading". Anyone reading this who is considering this upgrade should consider something else instead. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help