You can turn off power saver. You have to slide to Power...

rickatk
Master

@sushihunter wrote:

"Settings> device settings>power prefs> power saver> on and off>. It is fixed to 4 hours. You can force sleep as well. There is a similar setting for your TV."

Yes, I'm aware of that.

However, there is no option to turn off Sleep Mode.

What I want to do is turn it off so that it NEVER GOES TO SLEEP.

Right now, it goes into Sleep Mode, about every 4 hours while I'm watching it.

It is truly stupid that whoever programmed the Blue Curve Cable Box did not allow the option to NEVER SLEEP.

You can turn off power saver. You have to slide to Power Saver: toggle on off (blue lettering). It will turn off power saver.

"You can turn off power saver. You have to slide to Power...

sushihunter
Grasshopper

"You can turn off power saver. You have to slide to Power Saver: toggle on off (blue lettering). It will turn off power saver."

Power Saver is turned off.

It is the Screen Saver that is the problem.

It only gives the choice of:

5 Minutes

15 Minutes

30 Minutes, and

5 Hours.

There is no option to turn it off. And THAT is the problem.

Surely, it would be easy to add an OFF option to that menu.

I hate it too. I don't like things being forced on me. Th...

Rosemary128
Grasshopper

I hate it too. I don't like things being forced on me. There should be an option to turn it off. It's really irritating.

Thanks Rosemary. I really find this irritating. I'm not a...

sushihunter
Grasshopper

Thanks Rosemary.

I really find this irritating.

I'm not always watching the screen to see it pop up - the TV is behind me when I'm at my computer, and I always have it on to listen to the news.

Then without any warning, it goes silent, and I turn around to see it's gone into sleep mode, and now it takes a minute to get it to come back.

PLEASE, SHAW: FIND A FIX FOR THIS SO I CAN TURN IT OFF!!!!

Would love to see this added it is a pain when this came...

BCcricket
Grasshopper

Would love to see this added it is a pain when this came up while we were watching MMA fights.   

This must be so Shaw can conserve bandwidth consumption f...

RSB
Grasshopper

This must be so Shaw can conserve bandwidth consumption from users who would leave it on 24/7, even when on vacation, etc.

In that case, don't expect Shaw to ever "fix" this issue, it's already working as designed.    

Yes, this a most irritating oversight! I've just converte...

DPS
Grasshopper

Yes, this a most irritating oversight! I've just converted to Blue Curve from previous Shaw services and find this inexcusable.  I play Sting Ray music channels all day and couldn't figure why it kept turning off. Never actually figured out after how long but 4 or 5 hours sounds about right.  I'm outside working in the yard a lot playing on external speakers and find this extremely frustrating to have to come back to my system to hit a button on the remote.

Shaw please take note and have an option made that allows for continuous connection.

Not sure this would help, but I use the Stingray app.

rstra
Grand Master

Not sure this would help, but I use the Stingray app.

0 Kudos

I've just converted to Blue Curve from the old Shaw PVRs...

Ian87
Grasshopper

I've just converted to Blue Curve from the old Shaw PVRs and agree that this is a huge issue.  I set my TV to come on to the news in the morning AND to wake me up when it does.  Now, it comes on to a pretty picture and no sound completely defeating the purpose.

I just converted as well and do NOT like the fact that sl...

Avril57
Grasshopper

I just converted as well and do NOT like the fact that sleep issue. I also have tv on for longer than 5 hrs for a number of reasons and do not want it shutting down and going to sleep. Had I known this I would have insisted on keeping HD boxes when I moved and not got talked into upgrade. This is not an upgrade because it doesn't meet my needs. Would rather have old HD box and wired cable. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help