Re: BlueSky TV Stutters

shaw-tamara

That's very odd! I haven't encountered this issue before but I'm wondering if you might have a signal issue. Have you checked in with the tech support team on this? They can take a look at the main box to see if your signal levels are out of spec, which might be a good starting point. If you want to give that a try, you can find our support contact info here.

0 Kudos

dman0007
Grasshopper

Interesting. I haven't had that happen. My issue is strictly related to when watching Netflix off a satellite box even at 720P the main bluesky box stutters constantly when watching tv. I had a tech come and swap out the box but still have the same issue, the tech is stumped at this point and is also looking for solutions.

dman0007
Grasshopper

I had a tech come here and showed him the issue, signals strengths are fine, he even swapped the mainbox and attempted many other troubleshooting steps but haven't been able to resolve it yet. He said he will be checking to see what else can be done.

It's very odd almost like a firmware issue with the box, I have someone else down the street with exactly the same symptoms.

rstra
Grand Master

Not sure if this is related, but there is a lot of discussion on the Comcast support site about Netflix lag and stutterimg video on their X1. The employees there mentioned that they are trying to fix the problem in the back-end. I would post a link, but I don’t think that is allowed. I am not personally experiencing this issue, I have a 4k pvr and the Netflix Premium plan.

0 Kudos

dman0007
Grasshopper

Yeah I noticed that as well, there is a lot of discussion in Comcast forums, they have been looking at it for about 3 months now with elapsed time from initial reports to now. Apparently the issue doesn't happen with the 4K boxes.

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your patience with this! I don't have an exact date for you but we have been advised that this should be fixed with a firmware upgrade very soon. If I get any more details I will let you know.

0 Kudos

shawwatcher
Grasshopper

Just to add my name to the list of people seeing this issue.

I can confirm I see it (periodic stuttering, only on the main box) when e.g. a portal in another room is showing what I would describe as IP content (e.g. On-Demand, or certain channels, e.g. BBC World News). I do NOT see it when a portal is showing a "regular/legacy" channel.

I have the non-4K BlueSky box (Arris XG1v3). FYI I had a very recent Shaw technician visit (due to a complaint about regular recording failures on BBC World News) so I know my signal levels are all as good as they can be.

Hope the fix comes soon. I also await a fix for the FreeRange mobile app playing back recordings via cellular/mobile clients (it currently does not). But let's not muddy the waters with that here!

0 Kudos

I have two TVs and the same issue. Will be calling tomorr...

Trofs
Grasshopper

I have two TVs and the same issue. Will be calling tomorrow. Might be time to switch to Telus. I’m thinking it’s a too big a demand on a finite amount of signal. 

The same thing is happening here. We have Blue Sky cable...

CurmudgeonM
Grasshopper

The same thing is happening here. We have Blue Sky cable set up. If anyone has the solution do please advise. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help