HI  , Netflix and YouTube apps will stream 4k, but again...

g-idk
Master

HI @rstra , Netflix and YouTube apps will stream 4k, but again they are non HDR because the box cannot decode the HDR signal.  Shaw says they are waiting on a official standard for HDR, since there are a few different flavours of HDR.  Oh Well. 

0 Kudos

Hopefully the Sportsnet app is 4K soon, that would be a g...

rstra
Grand Master

@g-idk Hopefully the Sportsnet app is 4K soon, that would be a good test, might even drop the latency issues.

There is currently no 4K upscaling capability for non-4K...

shaw-daniel

@MairJ There is currently no 4K upscaling capability for non-4K contents via BlueCurve TV players. When adjusting the video setup to the "best available", you can receive a video signal up to 4K resolution if the video source is being broadcasted in 4K.

0 Kudos

Thanks, good to know I'm using the right settings. Has to...

MairJ
Grasshopper

Thanks, good to know I'm using the right settings. Has to be a source issue on Shaws end. 

0 Kudos

Not sure what's going on but the leafs game looks phenome...

MairJ
Grasshopper

Not sure what's going on but the leafs game looks phenomenal on SN4K tonight. Normal but punchy colors. Skin tones aren't sunburnt. Maybe Shaw is listening.

0 Kudos

Just to add to my above post, the game looked great but p...

MairJ
Grasshopper

Just to add to my above post, the game looked great but post game was back to ridiculous sunburnt skin tones for the sportnet panel. Raptors game was oversaturated on SN14K.

0 Kudos

Actually HDR stands for High Dynamic Range and likewise S...

Fernand2
Grasshopper

Actually HDR stands for High Dynamic Range and likewise SDR is Standard Dynamic Range

For what its worth, I am experiencing the same oversatura...

srglassw
Grasshopper

For what its worth, I am experiencing the same oversaturated colours, reds in particular, on the 4K Sportsnet channels. My TV is a Sony XBR65X800H. I have the Picture Mode set to Custom. As a workaround I have found that switching the Picture Mode to Photo reduces the over saturation so I use the Quick Settings button to change the Picture Mode to Photo when I watch the 4K channels then switch back to Custom when watching other channels. It's a bit of a pain but a few seconds to change the picture mode to enjoy a several hour sports event is a small price to pay until this issue gets resolved.

0 Kudos

Watching SN SP4KB (Shaw 217), Leafs at Islanders apparent...

kenohrn
Grasshopper

Watching SN SP4KB (Shaw 217), Leafs at Islanders apparently 4K UHD.  Colours look excellent -- rich and accurate. 

Hopefully, this will be permanent.  Many thanks to the people that made this change.

Does anyone have the inside story?

0 Kudos

I wonder if its the non 4K programming that is having the...

MairJ
Grasshopper

I wonder if its the non 4K programming that is having the issues on the 2 Sportsnet 4k channels. The leafs games look great. Maybe someone in Alberta or BC that has TSN 4k can let us know how that channel compares. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help