currently internet content isn't recordable error

gerryfx
Grasshopper

currently internet content isn't recordable

I recorded the first two episodes of the Kettering Incident this week on BBC Canada. Now I can't record more episodes  because I get the error: currently internet content isn't recordable. 

I thought maybe because this was available on FreeRange TV. I checked FreeRange on my ipad - the first two episodes are there but no access to the rest of the episodes. I'm also missing BBC Canada on FreeRange TV now. 

I'm subscribed so it should be there. It was there last week. Any help getting this to work again is appreciated.

Thanks,

Gerry

0 Kudos
18 Replies

Re: currently internet content isn't recordable error

shaw-tamara

Hi  

That's an odd one! I haven't come across this error message before. What type of cable box do you have? Is it BlueSky TV?

0 Kudos

gerryfx
Grasshopper

Hi Tamara, 

I did get it working again, something must of changed because because I set up recording that show again for today and it's working. This was on Bluesky TV. Not sure what happened and why I couldn't record the same show last week and why the error message. 

Thanks,

gerryF

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Oh, that's good that it's working again! I think the error could be related to the new Cloud PVR feature (if you're in an area where it's now available). We have some more information on that here.

0 Kudos

I too have this problem right now. What do I do to get it...

Myla
Grasshopper

I too have this problem right now. What do I do to get it working again?

0 Kudos

Are you seeing the "Currently, Internet content isn't rec...

shaw-valerie

@Myla Are you seeing the "Currently, Internet content isn't recordable" message on all programs? This message can occur if you are located in an area where Cloud DVR for BlueCurve TV is not yet available, but does not actually prevent you from setting or creating recordings. 

If you are in an area where you have have Cloud DVR (you can check the list of available areas here, if you aren't sure) and see this message and are unable to set recordings on any channel, I'd suggest first rebooting the equipment by unplugging the power for 10-15 seconds then plugging it back in and allowing it to reboot. If you are still seeing the same behaviour after that, get in touch with our technical support team here, so they can review your account and ensure your equipment is correctly configured. 

0 Kudos

I seem to be getting this error but it’s only for one spe...

hhairsine
Grasshopper

I seem to be getting this error but it’s only for one specific program, regardless of channel.  Eg I can record all episodes of greys anatomy on any channel I pick but if I try to record station 19 I get the currently, internet content isn’t recordable.  Regardless of station I pick.

if I pick to record one episode only it records no problem but it won’t program for the future.  

0 Kudos

How are you setting up the recording for that program? Ar...

shaw-valerie

@hhairsine How are you setting up the recording for that program? Are you searching for the program title using the search option in the menu or the voice command, then trying to record from the program information page? Or, are you scrolling to the program within the guide, and creating the recording from there? If you've only tried one of those methods, please try the other and see if you're still seeing an error message. 

0 Kudos

I’ve done three ways of trying to record, searching the g...

hhairsine
Grasshopper

I’ve done three ways of trying to record, searching the guide, voice search, and going in from a previous recording.  All three give the same error “Currently, Internet content isn’t recordable.”  It does go through the process of saying your recording is set, but it isn’t set to record, I have had to go in and manually select record just this one episode through the guide for every episode as they show up in the guide. 

0 Kudos

Still getting this problem and now we have discovered it’...

hhairsine
Grasshopper

Still getting this problem and now we have discovered it’s happening with multiple programs.  NCIS, NCIS New Orlands, Chicago PD

would be nice if there was a fix for this.  Plus our recordings are dropping sound, so we have to turn on subtitles to watch episodes. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help