Same problem here!

BigZee
Grasshopper

Same problem here!

0 Kudos

Please identify where "here" is for you.  What town/city...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Please identify where "here" is for you.  What town/city ?

Also, which channel(s) ?

Was there precipitation or other weather above Shaw's satellite-dishes that receive those channels that might have caused interference?

What time of day? The setting Sun could have been "behind" the orbiting communications satellite.

0 Kudos

This buzzing noise has been happening for at least 3 week...

jimedt
Grasshopper

This buzzing noise has been happening for at least 3 weeks now at my house in Edmonton. Spoke with TV support and got the normal run around what lights are on, on the gateway box, unplug the gateway box, tighten the cable, unplug the cable box. Not much help Shaw from at all. It can never be their equipment must be the customer. Asked for it to escalated so we'll see what happens.

0 Kudos

Same here. It seems to have started since the covid lockd...

MrRocknRoll
Grasshopper

Same here. It seems to have started since the covid lockdown that started mid March 2020. Very annoying

0 Kudos

> unplug the gateway box ... unplug the cable box Not lik...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> unplug the gateway box ... unplug the cable box

Not likely to help, but if you have a coaxial-splitter between the wall-outlet and the two boxes, temporarily try connecting the Gateway directly into the wall-port, to bypass the splitter.

Or, got another active coaxial wall-port, where the Gateway can temporarily be connected?

0 Kudos

- It seems to have started since the COVID-19 lockdown th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MrRocknRoll - It seems to have started since the COVID-19 lockdown that started mid March 2020. 

Well, there was a "Friday the 13th" in March. 😞

Who are you going to call?  Dan Ackroyd? Bill Murray? Sigourney Weaver? Annie Potts? the late Harold Ramis?

0 Kudos

I'm once again, experiencing the same problem during the...

Zeph
Grasshopper

I'm once again, experiencing the same problem during the KTLA News at 10:00pm (Pacific Time) since yesterday. Before that, along my previous post, the problem seemed to have been resolved.

0 Kudos

-- where are you physically located? Does the problem wit...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Zeph -- where are you physically located?

Does the problem with KTLA start at exactly 10 PM, or does it start around sunset (9:15 PM), and continue all evening, or does it decrease by 11 PM?

0 Kudos

I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The problem happens during the...

Zeph
Grasshopper

I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The problem happens during the live newscast, from 10:00pm (Pacific) / 12:00am (Central), to 10:45pm (Pacific) / 12:45am (Central). Again, the problem occurs during the live newscast, and can happen at various times within the live newscast. I should also re-mention that I have Shaw BlueCurve TV, to which I watch the newscast via the BlueCurve TV App online via computer.. to watch the recording. I'm only guessing that what's physically recorded to my BlueCurve TV set-top box (XG1v3), would also occur when watching it on the BlueCurve TV App online, right?

0 Kudos

> The problem happens during the live newscast. I wonder...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> The problem happens during the live newscast.

I wonder if Shaw is switching from the "western USA timezone" feed to KTLA's "regional" feed at 10 PM, i.e., different "up-link" satellite-dish, and different stationary-orbiting satellite transceiver, and different satellite-dish on the ground in Manitoba.

You might be able to contact a network engineer in Shaw's Winnipeg "distribution-centre" (not the "retail" store-front), and get a definitive answer.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help