Well in typical Shaw fashion . They said the update would...

Partygirlstayc
Grasshopper

Well in typical Shaw fashion . They said the update would be made between May 4 - May 13 th . Nothing has changed 

maybe the world does end at 11 pm . 
you would think with the amount of money people pay for cable Shaw would get their **bleep** organized 

0 Kudos

> I wonder if previously scheduled recordings will actual...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I wonder if previously scheduled recordings will actually record if there is no visible guide. 

They will, because the PVR "knows" the start-time and length and channel of the scheduled recording, up to May 10. However, the recording that it makes may be titled "To Be Announced", rather than the correct title.

> Also hope it will not wipe out all previously set series recordings.

Anything currently recorded stays recorded.

However, given the lack of Guide information after May 10, nothing will be recorded, unless you manually set a recording, if you know the date & time & channel & length -- the PVR will then record.

0 Kudos

I tried to set a manual recording for Monday night but th...

budsgirl
Grasshopper

I tried to set a manual recording for Monday night but there are no divided time slots - just one never-ending slot entitled “No Current Program” starting at 11 pm Sunday night.

in the past when program info had not been downloaded and No Current Program appeared for a particular show, my 3510 pvr would not allow that slot to be recorded.

i think perhaps they meant that all inputted historical series recordings would be wiped out ...?

0 Kudos

> I tried to set a manual recording for Monday night but...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I tried to set a manual recording for Monday night but there are no divided time slots - just one never-ending slot entitled “No Current Program” starting at 11 pm Sunday night.

It may depend on which PVR that you have. On mine, I can manually select the date/time/channel/length -- not by selecting a time-slot from the Guide.

> i think perhaps they meant that all inputted historical series recordings would be wiped out?

I disagree. Anything that has been recorded has been recorded.

Any "series" recording will still stay active, but if the Guide does not list the program (as being broadcast after May 10th), that future episode will not be recorded. The Guide contains "new/repeat" information about a show.

The good news is that most TV shows are now past their "season-end-cliff-hanger" episode (other than Survivor and Jimmy/Jimmy/Stephen/Seth/Lilly).  So, all you will be missing is "repeats".

0 Kudos

- The good news is that most TV shows are now past their...

rstra
Grand Master

- The good news is that most TV shows are now past their "season-end-cliff-hanger" episode (other than Survivor and Jimmy/Jimmy/Stephen/Seth/Lilly).  So, all you will be missing is "repeats".

This may be true for network shows, but it sure isn’t for specialty channel shows.

0 Kudos

No I don't expect programs that have already been recorde...

MomOfARocker
Grasshopper

No I don't expect programs that have already been recorded will be wiped out, what I meant was I wonder if existing series recordings (that have not yet recorded) will be wiped out or whether we will have to reprogram all those series back in once they fix the issue.  About six months ago after an update all my series set ups were wiped out and I am to this day still trying to reset them as some of them were off season at the time.

0 Kudos

I record a number of shows that have just recently starte...

MomOfARocker
Grasshopper

I record a number of shows that have just recently started and are far from their season finale.

0 Kudos

I know that already recorded programs are safe. Those are...

budsgirl
Grasshopper

I realize that already recorded programs are safe. Those aren’t what I and the other poster are talking about.  Talking about series recording of programs that are not currently being broadcasted.  Such as a series recording for the show Succession which is not currently showing new episodes. But hopefully those will all be fine.

None of my recordings are  from network tv but mostly Crave/HBO, Showcase, FX and PBS so don’t have the traditional seasons. A lot of my shows have just started or are halfway through their seasons.

Hey everyone the hd guide issue is fixed.  When I turned...

g-idk
Master

Hey everyone the hd guide issue is fixed.  When I turned on my tv this morning all the guide listings went past the infamous Sunday May 10th 11pm. Glad that's fixed.

Thanks for letting us know.  Don’t think it was done by a...

budsgirl
Grasshopper

Thanks for letting us know.  Don’t think it was done by an update as my pvr wasn’t off this morning as it usually is when one is done...?  

thank you to everyone who contacted Shaw to let them know about this issue.  Over and out.

TALK TO US
We're here to help