Eureka!...Sort of! Just turned on the TV and noticed the...

MomOfARocker
Grasshopper

Eureka!...Sort of!  Just turned on the TV and noticed the guide issue is fixed and all the programs are showing again till May 20th.  The bad news is, as I suspected it might be, none of my series recordings are set to record.  I will now have to start re-programming all of them again and as previously mentioned I have been doing this for the past six months since an update back then did this exact same thing.  I still had not finished re-programming all of them from the last time as many shows I record were off Season  -UGH!!!

0 Kudos

budsgirl ... curious to know if all your recordings that...

MomOfARocker
Grasshopper

budsgirl ... curious to know if all your recordings that were set to record this week and beyond are still in tact?  Mine were all wiped out as I had suspected they might be ... nothing at all set to record going forward. 😫

0 Kudos

Ok well that was weird .... I just looked at the section...

MomOfARocker
Grasshopper

Ok well that was weird .... I just looked at the section of my guide that shows what programs are set to record.  It only showed 5 programs between now and Sunday.  I then exited that section and then went back in and it had repopulated the upcoming  programs to be recorded and now it is showing all of them all the way up to the 20th of May soooooo disregard my previous message.  Not sure how that changed right before my eyes, my box did not turn off or on, it was missing the programs to be recorded one minute and then showing them all the next.  Very weird lol but I'm a happy customer now!!

0 Kudos

Yes, like you all my series set-ups are fine and all reco...

budsgirl
Grasshopper

Yes, like you all my series set-ups are fine and all recordings for the next 2 weeks are there.

One new thing - on the List of recorded programs, it shows minutes left to watch on partially-watched shows rather than percentage watched.

fingers crossed it all continues to load...

0 Kudos

Yes I noticed that change also, I actually noticed it had...

MomOfARocker
Grasshopper

Yes I noticed that change also, I actually noticed it had changed a couple of days ago after one of the (umpteenth) times I had unplugged my console in hopes of fixing the programming guide.  Just glad all appears to be working at this point.

0 Kudos

Yep .. guide may be fixed but now the box won't let me de...

MomOfARocker
Grasshopper

Yep .. guide may be fixed but now the box won't let me delete any recordings that I've watched, says that function is currently unavailable - I've never seen that before.  Really Shaw - fix one thing, break another? 🙄

0 Kudos

Did you try power cycling the box?

rstra
Grand Master

Did you try power cycling the box?

0 Kudos

Ummm yes unfortunately I just tried doing that three sepa...

MomOfARocker
Grasshopper

Ummm yes unfortunately I just tried doing that three separate times since my last post and now the box is stuck at PSLd and seems to just stick there - so frustrated and now regretting having unplugged the box at all.

0 Kudos

Do you have another box to see if it is doing the same, o...

rstra
Grand Master

Do you have another box to see if it is doing the same, or checked for outages? Might need to call in to tech support to get them to check it out.

0 Kudos

Yes I have another (older) box and it is working perfectl...

MomOfARocker
Grasshopper

Yes I have another (older) box and it is working perfectly fine.  Finally after five resets I have my shaw cable box working again.  I know they say it can take a while to repopulate the guide when you do a reset but my box has always showed the guide completly populated almost instantaneously.  At this point it's been half an hour and every channel still says No current program .. having deja vu. 😫  This problem was just fixed yesterday!!!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help