Jump to solution

Thanks mdk for your suggestions.  You'll see in my post t...

merrymermaid
Grasshopper

Thanks mdk for your suggestions.  You'll see in my post to rstra a minute ago that I've decided to hold off for now.  My TV channels are coming in perfectly and my PVR Guide is reloading.  Have a nice Easter and take care.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not sure if my previous post went through so here goes ag...

merrymermaid
Grasshopper

Not sure if my previous post went through so here goes again.  After 4 years of attempting to get rid of the HUNT display on my PVR Screen and trying everything, it's now displaying most of the time.

I want to retire my PVR and go back to the olden days of using my TV ONLY for my basic cable service I have with Shaw.  But there's a lot of cords attached to both my PVR and TV so I have no idea to conduct this procedure.  I'm deaf so unable to use the phone to call Shaw.  I tried Shaw Chat earlier this evening but had no luck.

I'd like to get someone to set up an appointment for me to have a Shaw technician come to my house to help me out.  Thank-you.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- you absolutely need one of Shaw's TV boxes to exist be...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@merrymermaid -- you absolutely need one of Shaw's TV boxes to exist between Shaw's coaxial-cable and your TV.

So, there are no cables and power-cords that you can remove.

The only exception is you have "peasant TV" -- namely your own TV antenna -- to pickup all the "over-the-air" High Definition broadcasts from local TV stations. The cable from that antenna feeds directly into your TV -- not into any Shaw box.

This is great if you live in Vancouver or North-Saanich/Duncan/Nanaimo or Calgary or Edmonton, where there are many TV stations. Not so great if you live far "outside" the big cities.

P.S. Some of the older Shaw TV boxes do not do "PVR" functions. I see is no advantage in "downgrading" from your HDPVR to a HD-only box.

TALK TO US
We're here to help