Exact same problem here, audio drops for a second or 2 fo...

jpom18
Grasshopper

Exact same problem here, audio drops for a second or 2 followed by quick video glitch.  No rhyme or reason that I can figure, sometimes happens more frequently and sometimes less.  Happening on all channels and on all xi6 boxes (4), happens in the same place on every box and if show is rewound and re-played happens in the same spot.

This only started happening last week sometime, everything was fine for months until then.

0 Kudos

Should add that my boxes are all cabled, not wi-fi and in...

jpom18
Grasshopper

Should add that my boxes are all cabled, not wi-fi and internet connection etc. is fine.  Getting 940mbps on speed test and shaw claims signal to modem is fine.

0 Kudos

Sorry to spam but to clarify I have two Xi6 boxes near ea...

jpom18
Grasshopper

Sorry to spam but to clarify I have two Xi6 boxes near each other, yet one box is roughly 5 seconds behind the other in live programming.  I've been able to confirm that audio cutout happens at the same timestamp on both boxes, meaning that the delayed box has the audio cutout 5 seconds after the other box.

This to me can only mean a signal issue with the broadcast, if it were wiring or something internal (on my side) then I would think that the cutout would happen at the same time on both boxes and not the same place in the broadcast on both.

0 Kudos

It could be an issue with cable signal to the XB6. Tech s...

rstra
Grand Master

@ziggurcat It could be an issue with cable signal to the XB6. Tech support can take a look at the modem and make sure the levels are ok. 

0 Kudos

For sure - I think it's somewhere along the line from the...

ziggurcat
Grasshopper

For sure - I think it's somewhere along the line from the wall to the Xi6 cable box.  I swapped the ethernet cable, just seeing if that's done anything.  I found a Cat6 I didn't even know I had - a Cat5E was being used.  

I still can't rule out the hardware, either - the last few times I've encountered this, the hardware was the culprit.

0 Kudos

Just to follow up: swapping the ethernet cable that's con...

ziggurcat
Grasshopper

Just to follow up: swapping the ethernet cable that's connecting the Xi6 to the XB6 didn't resolve the issue.  Looks like I'll be chatting with tech tomorrow. 

0 Kudos

I've been having the same issue too, I thought it might b...

Zokamba
Grasshopper

I've been having the same issue too, I thought it might be my receiver so went only to my TV sound and it does the same thing, I reset my modem and my tv box but it still happens, I ran the system refresh as well and notice the issue is still happening.

I also suddenly tonight (after watching netflix last night) noticed my remote reverted to the idiotic 5 minute skip or whatever it is, I had to pull the batteries and do the exit exit exit 0030 code thing again (I tried the code first but it did not change until I pulled the batteries and tried again, the batteries are good but had to pull them to get the code to reset the skip to 30 ff/ 15rw)

0 Kudos

I should also notice, this issue has been happening for a...

Zokamba
Grasshopper

I should also notice, this issue has been happening for about a week or two, on checking the cable box, it looks like there was a new software release on 05/05/2021 and the rev is 130.1.0 so with that and the number of people here having the same problem but have good modem levels, I am assuming there is something with the last software revision for the TV boxes...   I've not had any issues with my internet connection cutting out...  it also mostly seems to happen when I am watching DVR recordings, I haven't noticed it with live TV or when streaming netflix or VOD movies

0 Kudos

I notice it during live TV, naturally it will appear in r...

ziggurcat
Grasshopper

I notice it during live TV, naturally it will appear in recorded TV as well.  The other apps like Netflix or YouTube aren't affected by this, so it's just related to the TV signal.  I'll check my revision number later, too.

For the record, you don't need to pull the batteries on the remote - just going into the settings, and restarting the cable box should be enough to revert it back to the 30 second skip.  You shouldn't have to re-enter the code, either.  

0 Kudos

yeah I tried the the code but it didn't accept it, tried...

Zokamba
Grasshopper

yeah I tried the the code but it didn't accept it, tried it a couple times but it didn't accept it and wouldn't work until I pulled the batteries first...   I don't often watch live TV for more than a few minutes at a time so that may be why I didn't notice it, but it is in the recordings, I can rewind and it happens at the same spot...  I tested this to see if it was just a random audio glitch.    The reason I am checking here is in the past few days it has been happening more frequently than it had in the past couple weeks.... previously it was random but now it is several times in a 1hr show

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help