The PDF seems inaccurate. It is a National list of channe...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

The PDF seems inaccurate. It is a National list of channels, not defined to any specific area.

KCTS is not a nationally available channel, it's specific to regions of BC only afaik, so of course it won't be listed on that PDF hyperlink.

Further example:  Alberta receives PBS from Spokane, so of course it won't be included on the national channel listing, it's specific to Alberta.

0 Kudos

Hi , this is exactly what everyone here thought also,  bu...

g-idk
Master

Hi , this is exactly what everyone here thought also,  but if you had read the first post the person just signed back up for limited tv package and they are no longer receiving the PBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, channels in the package.  So they called in to report this and were told that these channels were no longer offered since may/2020 in the limited tv package.  I also called in just to see what they would say about this and was told the exact same thing.  So I'm only going on what the first poster has said and what I was told.  If I'm wrong (maybe we both got the same rep.) then I sincerely apologize.  I actually hope I am totally wrong.    

0 Kudos

Am I the only one that also noticed that the US networks...

rstra
Grand Master

Am I the only one that also noticed that the US networks also aren’t part of the Total TV package?

0 Kudos

Wow just looked at the total tv one now, been so focused...

g-idk
Master

Wow just looked at the total tv one now, been so focused on limited tv,  now I'm really confused, is this all just some big mistake, or misunderstanding?  Hope so, can't see them not offering those channels anymore in the package and you need to add on Time-Shift to receive.

0 Kudos

And I'm just wondering why Shaw did remove the US network chan...

CoffeeLover
Grasshopper

And I'm just wondering why Shaw did remove the US network channels for new subscribers to Limited TV package in the first place, was it to save money on their part, to get more money from customers, it really makes sense, could you imagine if those with grandfathered Limit TV discovered that Shaw all out of the blue remove the US network channels from that line up, also before I went cableless I had the regular type cable box & did get E, CTV News Network & Much tv included (even though in SD), but now even those are gone so 8 channels less & no other channels to replace them as I say less channels now for same price, hope we hear from the moderators or people who work with Shaw, but the chances of that happening are like when any of us win the lottery lol

0 Kudos

Makes me wonder if Shaw is going to introduce BlueCurve o...

rstra
Grand Master

Makes me wonder if Shaw is going to introduce BlueCurve on a a streaming box or on TVs and move away from cable boxes. They don’t have distribution rights for the major US networks on the BlueCurve app, so maybe this will be the new lineup. 

0 Kudos

write to - ShawyourVoice@sjrb.ca    and lobby for a change

michaelstein
Grasshopper

write to - ShawyourVoice@sjrb.ca    and lobby for a change

0 Kudos

- The PDF seems inaccurate. How are you judging "accurat...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@michaelstein - The PDF seems inaccurate.

How are you judging "accurate" versus "inaccurate" ?

If you are a "grandfathered" subscriber to "Limited TV" in the Lower Mainland, you get the Seattle-based stations. If you were to subscribe today to "Limited TV", you will get the channels listed in the PDF.

> It is a national list of channels, not defined to any specific area.

That is a good definition of "national".  🙂

The cited web-page states:

Additional channels may be available in some regions, including faith, government and community programming.

So, in the BC region, you might get the "Government of BC Legislature" channel.

0 Kudos

A customer can login to my.shaw.ca and it will show which...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

A customer can login to my.shaw.ca and it will show which channels are available to their account, contrary to any inaccurate information from the PDF

0 Kudos

When ever I do go into My Shaw app account or regular onl...

CoffeeLover
Grasshopper

Screenshot_20200724-072342_My Shaw.jpg

When ever I do go into My Shaw app account or regular online account it always never shows what tv channels I get.,.doesn't even show my data usage lol...I have told Shaw agents about it & they say they would passed it in to get looked at....so who knows

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help