You will need to call Shaw again, you won’t get a call ba...

rstra
Grand Master

@jmaybroda  You will need to call Shaw again, you won’t get a call back. Make sure you have the serial number for the cable box. I am not sure exactly what the problem is, but this topic is referring to NOIP, that code tells me that the box isn’t getting a signal.

0 Kudos

-- our cable box is in a SHAW warehouse somewhere. I am 1...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jmaybroda -- our cable box is in a SHAW warehouse somewhere. I am 100% positive it's in my home.

Those two statements seem to be contradictory.

If it is in the warehouse, it probably is still packed in a shipping box, and is not connected to electrical power nor to the Shaw infrastructure.

Look for a coaxial-cable that connects to a socket on a wall-plate, and to your cable-box.  There must be one.  See: 

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/glossary-of-cables-and-connections/ta-p/5542#content-section-...

for an image of a coaxial cable.

0 Kudos

@jmaybroda -- our cable box is in a SHAW warehouse somewh...

jellis_1975
Grasshopper

@jmaybroda -- our cable box is in a SHAW warehouse somewhere. I am 100% positive it's in my home.

@mdk (grand master) "Those two statements seem to be contradictory. If it is in the warehouse, it probably is still packed in a shipping box, and is not connected to electrical power nor to the Shaw infrastructure.

This is quite possibly the least "grand master-like" bit of info ever written. Conversely it is quite high on the "well duh, that's pretty obvious innit?" list of things that shouldn't need to be said. Thanks for 0 assistance with this issue.

J.
0 Kudos

wrote: I am 100% positive it's in my home.  -- To what is...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jmaybroda wrote: I am 100% positive it's in my home.

@jellis_1975 -- To what is the "it" referring to? It could be the claim by @jmaybroda that the ISSUE is caused by the wiring: the coaxial cables inside the walls of his home, or the coaxial-splitter inside Shaw's "demarcation" box (where the coaxial cable from the nearest BC Hydro pole connects to a locked box inside his garage). 

As previously suggested in this thread, connect the Shaw/Rogers TV box to a different coaxial outlet in a different room inside his house, to see if that other outlet is "live". Or, take the allegedly-working cable-modem/router, and connect it to the wall-port that currently is connected to the TV box, to see if the cable-modem/router works when connected to that wall-port.

Also, try a different coaxial-cable between the TV box and the wall-port.

P.S. to @jellis_1975  -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion group, where volunteers try to help, and thanks for the amusing, misguided, and non-helpful rant.

If all else fails, do what @rstra recommended: contact Shaw to schedule a service-call, to check the coaxial-cables inside those walls.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help