Jump to solution

I finally upgraded my cable and internet package today, e...

Graphyte
Grasshopper

I finally upgraded my cable and internet package today, everyone was excited to get higher quality TV and faster internet, but it's just been a HUGE letdown and a step backwards that I can no longer remotely record a show if I know we won't be home in time to see it. Not only does the Android Bluecurve TV app not allow remote activated recording, but I can't view Crave and HBO in the Live TV setting and there's less info (channel numbers) showing in the app. It's seems that whenever I upgrade tech, I'm taking a step back somewhere else 

Jump to solution

Channels available for live stream in the Blue Curve TV m...

shaw-valerie

@Graphyte Channels available for live stream in the Blue Curve TV mobile app are based on agreements with the networks, and not all channels are available for live streaming. Crave and HBO are available to watch live in the Crave mobile app though, just log in using your Shaw ID to watch live or streaming content in that app. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The shaw website makes it very clear that blue curve prov...

dogbun
Grasshopper

The shaw website makes it very clear that blue curve provides a "seamless" experience:

• All-in-one content aggregation: An interface that combines customer TV subscriptions (including Crave) into one convenient location, meaning you can find and watch the TV shows and movies you want without needing to remember what network, channel number or platform is carrying them.

I, like other in this thread, am super disappointed that the functionality that was enjoyed in the old system (gateway) is not able to be had in this new system, especially after signing up for 2 years. 

If Shaw cant provide what is advertised and promoted, what recourse does a customer have? After being told to patiently wait (for 2 months now) I'm feeling like I was hoodwinked into a contract that promised services that Shaw cant provide.

Jump to solution

The feeling is mutual, this should be an easy fix for Sha...

Elmontguy
Grasshopper

The feeling is mutual, this should be an easy fix for Shaw.

What is the holdup?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

switch to Telus

Betty11
Grasshopper

switch to Telus

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I had a gateway for years and really liked it but it was...

mikeer
Grasshopper

I had a gateway for years and really liked it but it was starting to show its age. I switched to telus but their wifi speed was not as advertised so switched back to Shaw which included an "upgrade" to blue curve. If I had known this feature was missing, I would not have switched. Regardless of the reason, this is a serious step backwards.

Jump to solution

-- please scroll-down while reading this message, and cli...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mikeer -- please scroll-down while reading this message, and click on your "Your Voice" hyperlink, to make an official request to Shaw to add the functionality that you desire. Otherwise, it is only the contributors to this discussion forum who will read your request.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Any update?

FMrosy
Grasshopper

Any update?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

there is no record remotely app or support.

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

there is no record remotely app or support.  

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Any update on this? I recently switch to Shaw from anothe...

cbdn
Grasshopper

Any update on this? I recently switch to Shaw from another provider that offered remote record settings and now have lost this. I was under the impression that is a pretty standard feature offered by many providers. Was surprised to see that it's not available with Shaw Blue Curve

TALK TO US
We're here to help