Jump to solution

I have the BlueCurve TV Player xg1v4. Here's what works f...

MeCraig
Grasshopper

I have the BlueCurve TV Player xg1v4. Here's what works for me. Press and hold down the 'Voice Control' button. [the little microphone on your remote] After you hear the beep say, "Power Down". A 'Sleep Now' screen will pop up on your TV. Use the 'right arrow' on your remote to highlight 'Sleep Now' and then push 'OK'. The TV Player will go into a power saving mode. It's still on just not using as much power. And the white light goes out.

THE PROBLEM IS....... the TV set is ON! The screen has gone black because the TV Player is 'off'.

So the next time..... Turn the TV Set off just as you have done before by pressing the 'TV Power' button. The TV will be off but the TV Player will still be on [it's always on like I said] So this what you have to do.

USE YOUR IMAGINATION!

With the TV off.... Press and hold down the 'Voice Control' button. After you hear the beep say, "Power Down". A 'Sleep Now' screen will pop up. You just won't be able to see it. Use the 'right arrow' on your remote to highlight 'Sleep Now' and then push 'OK'. Like I said... Use your imagination. Soon after you press 'OK' the white light on the TV Player will go out and you can pat yourself on the back for a job well done!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I've a Samsung TV and it's remote and Shaw cable remote....

alphonsewilliam
Grasshopper

I've a Samsung TV and it's remote and Shaw cable remote. This morning I discovered that neither remote would turn off the two devices. After much internet search that produced no results I held the power button on my Samsung TV remote down for 10+ seconds and both remotes regained full capability. Why this worked I don't know but it did. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help