Well then why are they sending another tech? Who can fix...

Wetcoaster
Grasshopper

Well then why are they sending another tech? Who can fix it? I am wondering if Telus can fix it.i am fed up with booking appointments and having them arrive and not fix the problem. If i was a conspiracy theorist i would think this started around the time of the Rogers takeover 

0 Kudos

The newest tv box. All the coaxial cables were checked an...

Wetcoaster
Grasshopper

The newest tv box. All the coaxial cables were checked and given new head, it has all been checked and rechecked. If this is Rogers i am going back to Telus 

0 Kudos

-- why are they sending another tech? Unfortunately, the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Wetcoaster -- why are they sending another tech?

Unfortunately, the Shaw Agent that booked the technician was probably reading from a script, and the script said "schedule a site-visit".  Poor or incomplete training by Shaw of their new hires.  Sigh.

Who can fix it?

Not the technician who does the site visit, because the issue is not between the nearest telephone-pole and your TV.

I am wondering if Telus can fix it.

Yes, unless it is a problem caused by CTV/Global in their transmission network.

Yes, Telus' network does not use any of Shaw's network. Think about last week -- you were not able to drive to Port Alberni, because Highway 4 was closed at Cameron Lake. You had to drive on logging-roads from Youbou -- very slow & very dusty & very narrow & no cell-service if your vehicle had a problem.

i am fed up with booking appointments and having them arrive and not fix the problem.

I also would be fed up.

If i was a conspiracy theorist, i would think this started around the time of the Rogers takeover.

I doubt that the Rogers technicians and networking employees have replaced any of Shaw's employees.  The takeover is just barely starting.  Obviously, Rogers/Shaw is proceeding carefully, because they do not want the existing Shaw customers to cancel.

0 Kudos

Wetcoaster, I am experiencing similar issue with Channel...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

Wetcoaster,

I am experiencing similar issue with Channel 101. It loops when viewing their news programming at random.

I haven't really noticed it on Channel 104 as I don't view their programming too often, but I can assume this is some local issue we are

both experiencing. I also view Channel 252 (CTV News Channel) for long periods of time, or have it on in the background during the day

and have not had any looping video occuring, so it must

be only happening on Channel 101 and 104 in the Lower Mainland through the Ignite Wireless TV Box.

I previously had a DCX3400 and 3510-M up to a few weeks ago, and they were not having this error.

Unfortunately, those boxes were donated to the recycling plant.

--  it must be only happening on Channel 101 and 104 in t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@michaelstein --  it must be only happening on Channel 101 and 104 in the Lower Mainland through the Ignite Wireless TV Box.

When you contacted Shaw (1-888-472-2222), what did they say about this issue?

Denial? Buck-passing to CTV and/or Global?

Did you contact CTV Vancouver and/or Global Vancouver, to see what they know about the issue?

0 Kudos

I viewed the 5:00pm News on Global BC (Channel 101) today...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

I viewed the 5:00pm News on Global BC (Channel 101) today (on June 29th) and there was no looping present.

I am also monitoring Global National (5:30pm) and it seems normal so far. I will also view the 6:00pm show as well and will report errors here

if they arise. It seems stable now.

0 Kudos

We are experiencing the problem mostly on channels 103 Ci...

FabWeb
Grasshopper

We are experiencing the problem mostly on channels 103 Citytv Vcr, 109 chek TV Victoria and less frequently 104 CTV Vcr. The problem occurs frequently, almost daily, on channel 109 chek TV during the Jeopardy broadcast 7:30 pm to 8:00 pm when I switch to channel 111 KOMO (ABC ) Seattle which carries Jeopardy in the same time slot the problem is also there. This issue was first reported on May 19th of this year, although we were experiencing the problem for some time prior to that. Thought at  first it was TV issue as we had just recently purchase a new smart TV but once we had the issue on our old second TV I was convinced it had to be a Shaw issue. We have had a technician visit twice to no avail. I was told several times that this was a national problem and Shaw was in contact with the broadcasters re this issue. If we did not have another year to go on our contract we would seriously consider leaving Shaw after 20 plus years.

0 Kudos

I have the same problem.  Only on channel 101.  Small sec...

wendyle
Grasshopper

I have the same problem.  Only on channel 101.  Small section loops over and over.  Very annoying.  

0 Kudos

I’m in Winnipeg. I’ve had the same problem on 103 daily a...

Qz0nql
Grasshopper

I’m in Winnipeg. I’ve had the same problem on 103 daily and recently on 104 and 101. I reported it yesterday. No mention of same problems in other cities.   Frustrating. Changing the channel sometimes works. When it the program comes back I’ve missed a segment of the show. Has anyone found a solution?

0 Kudos

I watch CTV and Global in the Lower Mainland and this hap...

KarenJay
Grasshopper

I watch CTV and Global in the Lower Mainland and this happens every evening.  Just today (my vacation day), it has happened on CTV and I have to go to another channel.  All of these issues have been happening since I received the new modem and wireless TV player box.  Nothing but issues with internet connetion as well.  The technician gave me another modem, worse issues and I just gave up.  I even video recorded these incidents.  I have reset modem, tv player boxes and it happens in both my bedroom and living room. When I am working remotely, my typing and function freezes for about 10 seconds every few minutes.  Very very frustrating.  I keep getting blamed for power, connection, etc.  The more I pay, the more issues I have. (sorry, am a bit frustated and looking at other options)

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help