Actually, CTV had posted on their website that Shaw was h...

rstra
Grand Master

@bordoodle  Actually, CTV had posted on their website that Shaw was having issues broadcasting their channel. CTV isn’t having issues, it is Shaw.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/having-trouble-watching-us-1.6463284

0 Kudos

rstra THANK YOU.  THANK YOU . THANK YOU. Others (mdk) do...

bordoodle
Grasshopper

rstra

THANK YOU.  THANK YOU . THANK YOU.

Others (mdk) do not believe that the common link is Shaw.  Just from the few posts there are a handful of channels in multiple cities that have problems.  More posts from more people may reveal more channels and more times when issues appear.

For me when CH 101 (Global) and Ch 104 (CTV) start repeating I have only done 1 channel up and 1 channel down. to restore.  Maybe for some going to 200+ and back would be the only fix.  When Ch 407 TLC started drooping out (blank for 5 seconds) then continuing there was no fix.  When there was no video and audio for minutes on 101 and 104 at 11 PM the only fix was to go to CBC 102 (sigh).  I don't remember Ch 103 at that time.

Again thank you for posting that link to ctvnews.

0 Kudos

Aside from the continuous issues with the "looping" here...

dinken
Grasshopper

Aside from the continuous issues with the "looping" here in Calgary.   I (as well as many friends who are Shaw customers) continue to have non-stop issues logging into e-mail accounts which I've read on other posts is a total Shaw issue.  We're paying big $$ for very poor service.

0 Kudos

-- how old are those other posts?  Recently, I have not s...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dinken -- how old are those other posts?  Recently, I have not seen that "unable to communicate" message created when Shaw's WebMail service was not communicating with Shaw's "authentication" server.  So, it seems possible that Shaw has resolved that issue.

We're paying big $$ for very poor service.

It's yet to be seen if service from Rogers will be any better, or if prices will be any lower than Shaw's  (allegedly) "big" prices.

Note that Shaw's mail-servers are in Calgary, while the "outsourced" (to Yahoo) mail-servers that Rogers uses are in the eastern USA.  I wonder if the "longer" network path to Rogers' mail-service will be noticeably slower after Shaw Internet customers are migrated to Rogers Ignite infrastructure.  Hmm.

0 Kudos

Still happens in our house all of the time.  I have an ol...

dinken
Grasshopper

Still happens in our house all of the time.  I have an older laptop that runs Windows 10 and thought that maybe this was the issue, but the wife has a newish laptop that runs Windows 11 and has the same issue.  I learned from another post that if you log in to your email account in an Incognito window the problem is rectified, but after about a week the same "unable to communicate" things happen ..... very frustrating!

0 Kudos

Mine loops on channel 101 and 104 B.C.

wendyle
Grasshopper

Mine loops on channel 101 and 104 B.C.

0 Kudos

Mine loops on Global, CTV, Chek, and CityTV.  I got so fe...

EdRocker10
Grasshopper

Mine loops on Global, CTV, Chek, and CityTV.  I got so fed-up with it, I just bought a digital antenna for $25.  No more looping!

0 Kudos

If the same channel numbers are causing issues in other c...

BJM
Grasshopper

If the same channel numbers are causing issues in other cities, could the problem be the cheap a$$ box that is struggling with the streamed signal?

0 Kudos

-- If the same channel numbers are causing issues in othe...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@BJM -- If the same channel numbers are causing issues in other cities, could the problem be the cheap a$$ box that is struggling with the streamed signal?

Well, anything is possible, but other threads in this forum suggest an issue between CTV and Shaw, which affects everybody, everywhere, who tries to watch those channels. Even CTV's web-site confirms their involvement in the issue.

0 Kudos

I am not experiencing that problem on Ignite TV, but I am...

rstra
Grand Master

@BJM   I am not experiencing that problem on Ignite TV, but I am using the wired boxes, this issue may be limited to the wireless boxes. 

0 Kudos