Same with us.

karheron
Grasshopper

Same with us.

0 Kudos

I have this problem on most of the lower channels from 10...

mw14
Grasshopper

I have this problem on most of the lower channels from 101 (global) to 109 (independent) and above. Often all at the same time. Only safe channels seem to be the ones above 300. The shaw technician I traded said it was a national problem and that they were working on it.

0 Kudos

It happens every day at 12.05 pm, and 7.05 pm.

Paisley500
Grasshopper

It happens every day at 12.05 pm, and 7.05 pm. 

0 Kudos

It is now December and for the last several months I have...

bordoodle
Grasshopper

It is now December and for the last several months I have NOT noticed any glitching, looping or dropouts of video or audio on ANY channel.  I hope that this is the same for all Shaw / Rogers customers.  It looks like their systemic problem has been fixed for most / all of us.  This was an issue with Comcast equipment (which Shaw acquired for their streaming) .  Soooo I hope everyone else has not observed video problems.

The only issue that I now see is that some channels I have to run the volume up to 100% to get a normal sound level and others setting 50% provides the same listening level.  Not sure if its certain channels or times but this is minor compared to the video problems from months ago.

I have not drilled down with Shaw / Rogers as to what exactly the problem was but for 99.99% of customers the technical details are "who cares" or beyond all except IT people.  

Any way enjoy your shows.

0 Kudos

I haven’t had any issue with my Ignite TV, which channels...

rstra
Grand Master

@bordoodle  I haven’t had any issue with my Ignite TV, which channels have the volume problem?

0 Kudos

-- some channels I have to run the volume up to 100% to g...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bordoodle -- some channels I have to run the volume up to 100% to get a normal sound level ...

As an experiment, can you connect some speakers (or a sound-bar) directly to the TV box, and configure the box to output to that device, rather than sending the audio into the TV's speakers ?

Does your TV have a "volume limiter" option?

0 Kudos

I haven't had the cycles to sit down an pay attention.  S...

bordoodle
Grasshopper

I haven't had the cycles to sit down an pay attention.  Sigh.  Maybe just after Xmas I will find the time to make notes.  The big thing is that the video seems to work properly now.  I'll update the sound issues later.

0 Kudos

External amp and speakers ( your sound-bar ) soooo far lo...

bordoodle
Grasshopper

External amp and speakers ( your sound-bar ) soooo far long ago.  The external amp is a a fixed volume while using the variable volume setting coming out of the TV.

No "volume limiter" option.  Any way no time to discuss.  Video is fine so sound level issues can wait for cycles to waste on that.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help