That is unrealistic. Shaw needs to push updates from time...

rickatk
Master

@canukhed wrote:

The time is not Shaw's concern. If I want to watch at 3 pm or 3 am that's up to me. The update should be a choice, not a demand. Fxckggg stupid

That is unrealistic. Shaw needs to push updates from time to time. All digital operating systems work that way. Figure out a time when you regularly aren’t watching TV, set that as your update time. Simple. 

0 Kudos

You can set the updates to occur in the middle of the nig...

rickatk
Master

@Felushko wrote:

Shouldn't you warn people of cable updates before interrupting their programs in the middle of the evening? A few minutes has turned into 10 plus minutes at this point. Why scheduled it for the middle of the evening...why not in the middle of the night?

You can set the updates to occur in the middle of the night. I set mine to 2:00am. 

0 Kudos

I too have had the "household update. We'll be finished i...

Eck
Grasshopper

I too have had the "household update. We'll be finished in a few minutes" pop up at 9 PM and again at 9:15 for a total of about 15 minutes of time-out. My device settings are to have daily updates occur at 2 AM but this obviously does not control "household updates". Please reschedule "household updates" for the same time that is set for daily updates, or at least don't schedule them for prime time.

that is where mine is set.  The update occured at 6 pm....

LKastrukoff
Grasshopper

that is where mine is set.  The update occured at 6 pm.  So there goes that theory. 

doesnt make any difference. Ours set to 2 am and it updat...

LKastrukoff
Grasshopper

doesnt make any difference. Ours set to 2 am and it updated at 6 pm.  Not only that, no info as to what is updated .....maybe have to switch back to Bell Mts  but they are no prize either. 

They are still doing this BS years later. This is the dum...

canukhed
Grasshopper

They are still doing this BS years later. This is the dumbest TV setup ever. 

0 Kudos

Users are saying it still updates during the day even tho...

canukhed
Grasshopper

Users are saying it still updates during the day even though they set it to early morning. 

But it is total BS that a cable TV system updates and interrupts at all. 

0 Kudos

No other TV system has interruptions like Bluecurve does....

canukhed
Grasshopper

No other TV system has interruptions like Bluecurve does. It's not doing a full operating system install. It's updating show listings which. If it is interrupting because of listings then this is a poorly designed system. 

0 Kudos

-- No other TV system has interruptions like Bluecurve do...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@canukhed -- No other TV system has interruptions like Bluecurve does

That is a bold statement to make, because COMCAST (in the USA) uses the same hardware.  Presumably, their customers would have the same "household updates".

I have never had a COMCAST account, to confirm/refute your statement about "no other".

It's updating show listings

My Shaw HDPVR updates those listings, at least a few times per day, as "time marches on", and I have not noticed any "please wait" outages while it does so.

0 Kudos

mine took 45 minutes for me to get mad and reboot the gat...

Carolamacd
Grasshopper

mine took 45 minutes for me to get mad and reboot the gateway and the STB.  its fine now.  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help