Hey Rocket43,   For those recordings, do you notice any p...

shaw-don

Hey Rocket43,

For those recordings, do you notice any pixilation or skipping during the recording, or does it look to be fine till it cuts out?

0 Kudos

I have been having this exact problem for the last week....

penguincat
Grasshopper

I have been having this exact problem for the last week. It is driving me nuts. The issue seems to be in the PVR recordings. 😞

0 Kudos

-- Is there a reboot for this or as mentioned in previous...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Rocket43 -- Is there a reboot for this or as mentioned in previous post so I need a new hard drive?  

If it really is a failing disk-drive, contact Shaw ( www.shaw.ca/chat or 1-888-472-2222) to get them to replace your PVR.

> Also my two pvrs started recording games on channels I don’t have it are blacked out how can this be corrected

When you added a "series recording", did you specify "record on all channels", or just "the current channel" ?

@penguincat -- you too may have a failing disk-drive. It is not what IBM calls a "FRU" (Field Replaceable Unit) -- nothing that you can replace by yourself.

To both: if your PVR supports an external "Expander" disk-drive, and if you purchase one & connect it, your PVR will record to it, rather than to the internal (failing) disk-drive.  But, since Shaw will replace your PVR for free, why bother, unless you have some recorded content that you want to view before you send your PVR back to Shaw. Any programs stored on the Expander will not be available, after you connect the Expander to the new PVR.

Appreciate the responses, I wasn’t aware Shaw would repla...

Rocket43
Grasshopper

Appreciate the responses, I wasn’t aware Shaw would replace a PVR that I had to purchase. I’ll give them a call. 
Regards. 

0 Kudos

-- was not aware that Shaw would replace a PVR Even if th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Rocket43 -- was not aware that Shaw would replace a PVR

Even if they do not, your contract with Shaw includes the rental of some TV box.  If you declined to take delivery of that box when you signed-up with Shaw, I think that you still are entitled to now receive it.

I recently signed-up to another two-year Value Plan, and declined Shaw's offer to replace my HITRON cable-modem (maximum speeds 300/15) by a newer cable-modem, easily capable of 300/100 speeds. I am happy with the HITRON, and don't do enough uploading to feel a need to upgrade from 15 to 100.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help