Jump to solution

Regarding Sportsnet/TSN channels & costs

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

Hi I'm sure this has been asked before & answered so my apologies if it has......why is it that you can't order individual Sportsnet & TSN channels as pick & pay channels (at least here in Vancouver) & why so expensive for the Sportsnet theme pack & TSN theme pack.....$15?......as someone on a tight budget (or anyone) no one should pay $15 for a theme pack (especially when each channel in each pack mostly shows the same programing)......other theme packs aren't $15? .......just curious 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

I don't think the jump in the rates for the TSN and Sport...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

I don't think the jump in the rates for the TSN and Sportsnet theme packs was ever really explained although I'm sure that the SHAW company line is that both TSN and Sportsnet started charging cable companies more for their channels so these higher costs had to be passed onto the customer. It really doesn't make much sense either since all of the TSN and Sportsnet channels are now available through every TV plan from SHAW except for the " Limited TV " package. This might be a way for SHAW to force those that are on a Grandfathered TV plan to switch to their newer TV plans. I've got 8 more months left on my 2 year plan which includes Medium TV ( 8 theme packs ) and if I decide to stay with SHAW I will fight to keep the same plan I have now.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jump to solution

I don't think the jump in the rates for the TSN and Sport...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

I don't think the jump in the rates for the TSN and Sportsnet theme packs was ever really explained although I'm sure that the SHAW company line is that both TSN and Sportsnet started charging cable companies more for their channels so these higher costs had to be passed onto the customer. It really doesn't make much sense either since all of the TSN and Sportsnet channels are now available through every TV plan from SHAW except for the " Limited TV " package. This might be a way for SHAW to force those that are on a Grandfathered TV plan to switch to their newer TV plans. I've got 8 more months left on my 2 year plan which includes Medium TV ( 8 theme packs ) and if I decide to stay with SHAW I will fight to keep the same plan I have now.

Jump to solution

The SD TSN and Sportsnet (excluding 360) are included in...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

The SD TSN and Sportsnet (excluding 360) are included in "Limited TV" since April of 2018.  Note: Only SD versions.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Can us who have Bluesky TV get them in SD or for those wi...

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

Can us who have Bluesky TV get them in SD or for those with the older cable boxes (non Bluesky)

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I was actually chatting with a rep & they said it's no lo...

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

I was actually chatting with a rep & they said it's no longer offered.....only if you had the grandfathered package

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Just an opinion.   The prices of Jays tickets went up las...

blondeolderguy
Grasshopper

Just an opinion.   The prices of Jays tickets went up last year substantially.  So Rogers knew that there would be a fall off in attendance.  So they figured the people that didn't buy tickets would order Sportsnet.  And of course Rogers owns the Jays and Sportsnet.  So basically they are just trying to screw people.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help