I just switched....now I wish I was still on the Gateway....

donburkett
Grasshopper

I just switched....now I wish I was still on the Gateway. Cannot believe that this capabilty was not included in the Bluesky service on availability.

I switched from Gateway to Blue Curve as well, after rece...

dogbun
Grasshopper

I switched from Gateway to Blue Curve as well, after receiving numerous calls from Shaw to get me to sign back up for a 2 year contract.

I asked all the questions about functionality before I switched, was assured that it included everything (and more) than I had under the gateway, and now feel misled.

When I enquired about this after using it for a couple weeks, I was told that Shaw was aware of the issue and was working on it and to be patient someone would be back to me soon.

Its now 2 months, I have called again today (1.5 hours on the phone) because in addition to this missing (critical) feature, I don't have access to all the channels in my subscription. Again, had them all in the gateway system, and was able to set recordings in the app.

The App is now missing all US networks, all Crave, HBO, TCM, etc. so really feel like I'm getting less now with a 2 year contract than I got without one.

I've been with shaw for over 25 years and feel this is a major reduction to their service and reliability, once the gold standard and now behind other providers.

The new remote and much of the Blue Curve system seems good, but reducing such critical functionality is a big disappointment especially when I was told it was part of the new system

Failure to allow remote programming for the PVR is a MAJO...

cjacques1955
Grasshopper

Failure to allow remote programming for the PVR is a MAJOR shortcoming to the whole BlueCurve system. I’ve been on it since it became available in Ontario and have regretted leaving the Gateway system since day one but the hardware was getting tired and it was time to try out some new tech. Little did I know that my local telephone company could rollout out a richer feature set in their TV offering than my 25 year cable supplier (and yes, they have remote programming and viewing). Besides the lack of features, BlueCurve freezes up often and requires restarts at the worst possible times. Considering the money we pay Shaw for the service we deserve a more feature rich and dependable service than what a telephone company can provide, don’t we Shaw Inc.?

Yes, that would be a great addition!!

Janis2cats
Grasshopper

Yes, that would be a great addition!!

It’s been over 2 years and no update from Shaw on BlueCur...

Milesyyc
Grasshopper

It’s been over 2 years and no update from Shaw on BlueCurve remote programming?  For those who travel, this is a key feature that was lost during upgrade, and disappointedly users were not advised in advance to be able to make an informed upgrade decision.  Come on Shaw, do better. 

I'm sitting in my hotel and can't believe you can't set a...

SDEWAR1
Grasshopper

I'm sitting in my hotel and can't believe you can't set a recording remotely.  Useless!  I will be returning all of my gear upon my return home

That is brutal. That was a major feature of the old gatew...

Swlawrie
Grasshopper

That is brutal. That was a major feature of the old gateway app!!! This must be remedied!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help