What! Shaw/ Rogers misleading us again.  Out for profit r...

Cultus
Grasshopper

What! Shaw/ Rogers misleading us again.  Out for profit rather then service. Exactly the company I do not want to invest in or support.. Stream On.  

Lost what we liked gained what we do not use.

And how is blue.... different from Alexa or google home?...

Cultus
Grasshopper

And how is blue.... different from Alexa or google home? Hmmm is this a sly way of moving listening devices in to our homes.

It is a bit frustrating that BlueSky isn't currently able...

odano
Grasshopper

It is a bit frustrating that BlueSky isn't currently able to switch between two channels and rewind. I don't think recording is a very good alternative as you would need to know that you will be switching back and forth between the channels ahead of time which isn't how the feature was normally used, at least among people I know. It was used because you just missed something while temporarily on another channel. Frequently live sports related.

I wonder if the ability to add this feature is possible (i.e. software update/setting) or impossible (hardware related)? I don't want to be holding out hope for a feature that isn't even possible to provide.

I'd even give up the almost useless 8 channel recall feature to get the last channel rewind back.

I seriously doubt that this feature will ever be added to...

rstra
Grand Master

I seriously doubt that this feature will ever be added to BlueCurve. 

Unlike Google Home and Amazon Echo devices, which are alw...

shaw-valerie

@Cultus Unlike Google Home and Amazon Echo devices, which are always actively listening for a trigger phrase to enable the assistance, your BlueCurve TV remotes are only listening for voice commands when you're holding down the microphone button on the remote. 

0 Kudos

This is not support. You should be able to rewind. I have...

SparkyD
Grasshopper

This is not support. You should be able to rewind. I have been called numerous times to switch to MTS TV and each time I have said no because Shaw experience is superior. This lack of rewind is stupid. I used to be able to switch between two channels and rewind so I could keep up with both. Now if I pause a channel for more than 15 minutes, I lose the ability to rewind it back past 15 minutes. This is not user friendly or practical!

-- Be practical. When using the BlueCurve TV box, before...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@SparkyD -- Be practical. When using the BlueCurve TV box, before you channel-switch away from the channel, press RECORD. Then, when you switch back to the channel, you can "rewind" and watch what has been recorded.  Yes, the older Shaw Gateway PVR did "auto-record" the last few channels that you have switched away from, because it has multiple tuners. When you have viewed to the end of the recording, click "keep" or click "delete", to remove the recording.

I really agree !!! This was a favorite feature of the old...

Charismawest
Grasshopper

I really agree !!! This was a favorite feature of the older system and I wouldn't have switched if I had been told I would lose the 2 hour buffer on 2 channels. I can't understand how they can go backwards and take away great features of the service they provide.  I believe the 2 hour buffer for 2 channels (using the LAST button) could be programmed into the Blue Curve system. It just takes the WILL to do it.

Differences between the Gateway cable boxes you may have...

cgates
Grasshopper

Differences between the Gateway cable boxes you may have now and bluecurve TV boxes...new ones have an option of a "free to me" guide view that only shows subscribed channels

​…older gateway also records multiple channels for rewind buffer, so someone flipping back and forth between channels can rewind on those channels, where they cannot do that on new equip

​also, old gateway allows scheduling recordings from an app, where new bluesky doesn't offer that YET

-- they cannot do that on new equip ... You should flip t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@cgates -- they cannot do that on new equip ...

You should flip to one channel, press RECORD, and then return to the channel that you were watching.

Anytime you want, you can now flip to the active recording, rewind it (full/partial), and view it.

When you flip back to the non-recording channel, you can rewind it.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help