-- I have been having the same problem with the main PVR...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@gliverpool -- I have been having the same problem with the main PVR (XG1v4). It was installed on February 18th, 2023 

What Shaw device did it replace?

The BlueCurve devices require a better signal-strength than the previous generation of Shaw devices.

Telephone/chat to a Shaw Advisor, and get them to remotely logon to your BlueCurve, to view the "signal strength" reaching the Shaw device. Any "low" values can cause your issues.

It might be a physical problem with the coaxial-cable (and/or its end-connectors) between the nearest telephone-pole and Shaw's "demarcation box" on the outside of your home.

It might a problem with the coaxial splitter inside that (locked) demarcation box. On a service-call, after opening the box, a technician can also measure the signal-strength, and replace the splitter. The technician can also replace the end-connectors on all of the coaxial-cables, to eliminate that as a possible cause.

-- The cost to redo the 1200 square foot basement ceiling...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@nikinjeszmom -- The cost to redo the 1200 square foot basement ceiling and the walls is where the thousands come into play,  as you can't just do one little corner, as the 18 year old paint won't match. 

For me, Shaw drilled holes through the outside walls, into the rooms where I wanted to place my TV & cable-modem boxes, and then put a face-plate on the connection inside each room. That face-plate completely covered the hole -- no need to repaint anything, and no need for "massive" remediation.

Give credit to Shaw's installers -- they know how to be minimally invasive.

0 Kudos

Same here have had this intermittent problem since day on...

glengle
Grasshopper

Same here have had this intermittent problem since day one. Shaw technicians have been here many many times. No resolution. They have thier heads in the sand and claim this is the first time they have seen this Chanel loop skiing or sound and picture going black. Seems like they are at a loss or un willing to come up with a solution. 

0 Kudos

-- does the intermittent feed happen just on a few channe...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@glengle -- does the intermittent feed happen just on a few channels? Within this discussion forum, there have been recent reports by Shaw customers experiencing this problem trying to watch CTV Calgary, and a few other channels.  So, where are you, and which channels are affected?

If it is a problem on all channels, it might be a "signal strength" issue. Contact Shaw Support. They can remotely logon to your TV box, and check the signal-strength reaching the device.  Or, it could be a bad coaxial-splitter inside the Shaw "demarcation" box where the Shaw cable enters your residence. Get Shaw to open the box, and replace the splitter.   Do you have your own splitter(s) inside your home? They could be the problem.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help