Yes indeed their is an issue this has started after Roger...

WS1
Grasshopper

Yes indeed their is an issue this has started after Rogers took over Shaw . The Audio latency can be attributed to overload on Servers that stream the Video/Audio.. I also have this issue on my system and I am an IT Tech and my TVs and connections are all good.

Yes indeed we need a better way to deal with the issue and resolve  it! For the amount we pay for the service this is not acceptable.

Don't buy into the check this and that and this might be this or that. If we can send people to the Moon and back we should be able to fix the audio syncing on your or any other people who have this issue.

Stop with the excuses and fix it Rogers !!!!

I don’t have that problem with my Ignite system.

rstra
Grand Master

@WS1  I don’t have that problem with my Ignite system.

0 Kudos

The issue existed before Rogers took over. This thread go...

JeffGWpg
Grasshopper

@WS1 The issue existed before Rogers took over. This thread goes way back, long beyond the acquisition.

0 Kudos

are you running through any sort of external audio system...

JeffGWpg
Grasshopper

@rstra are you running through any sort of external audio system? My most noticeable and frequent issue is with my TV that has the Bose Soundbar. It uses HDMI ARC from the TV back to the soundbar. I have to reboot the player on this TV pretty much daily to clear up audio sync. I also have another player connected to a Pioneer amp. In this scenario, the player is connected to the amp and the amp connects to the TV. I sometimes see slight sync issues but nothing like the Bose setup. On my TV's with no external audio, there is never any sync issues.

As I have mentioned in the past, the Bluecurve TV player is the only device I have ever experienced audio sync issues with. Gateway was fine. Built-in TV apps (Netflix, Amazon, etc) all stream fine as well.

0 Kudos

I have one TV going through a Denon receiver and another...

rstra
Grand Master

@JeffGWpg  I have one TV going through a Denon receiver and another TV going through a Sonos sound bar, both via HDMI-ARC. Both have dialog sync control, but I have never had to use it.

0 Kudos

well it doesn't seem to happen to everybody obvs...but fo...

JeffGWpg
Grasshopper

@rstra well it doesn't seem to happen to everybody obvs...but for those that do have the issue, what a nightmare. Unfortunately for me, it's on the TV that I use the most frequent.

0 Kudos

I agree, I just didn’t want the “after Rogers took over”...

rstra
Grand Master

@JeffGWpg  I agree, I just didn’t want the “after Rogers took over” idea to go anywhere.

Can this be fixed?

Pat_Printess
Grasshopper

Can this be fixed?

0 Kudos

Can you provide some details around your issue? My issue...

JeffGWpg
Grasshopper

Can you provide some details around your issue? My issue somehow has resolved itself but I'm not sure if it was as simple as rebooting my TV as that was the last thing that I did a few months ago when it started to work.

What kind of TV / external sound device do you have? What exactly is your experience?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help