Replying a bit late here but I have the same problem here...

barry_jinks
Grasshopper

Replying a bit late here but I have the same problem here in December 2021. I have the BlueCurve box (Xi6) connected to the HDMI 1 input on my recent model Samsung QLED TV. In HDMI 2 I have an Apple TV 4K and in HDMI 3 I have a Blue Ray DVD player connected. The sound output of the Samsung is connected to my receiver through the Optical connection. Both the Apple TV and DVD player automatically register as 5.1 on the receiver but the BlueCurve box does not. So it can’t be a setting I. The TV.  I set the audio to Expert on the BlueCurve but that doesn’t make any difference. I’ve had nothing but problems with the BlueCurve box. 

Does this happen on live TV and/or recordings? I don’t cu...

rstra
Grand Master

@barry_jinks Does this happen on live TV and/or recordings? I don’t currently have 5.1 setup, but I have been told that the cloud recordings are limited to 2.1. Try an on demand program to see if that comes through in 5.1. You could try using the hdmi-arc to send audio back to your receiver, this would give you higher resolution audio (but not necessarily fix the 5.1 problem).

All my testing has been done with on demand content with...

barry_jinks
Grasshopper

All my testing has been done with on demand content with movies that should have high resolution audio. The optical output of my TV is successfully transmitting 5.1 from Apple TV and DVD. Why would ARC suddenly enable 5.1 for the Blue Curve box when optical is doing it for the others?

0 Kudos

By the way, thanks for the reply.

barry_jinks
Grasshopper

By the way, thanks for the reply. 

0 Kudos

Meant to say that the optical out of my Samsung seems to...

barry_jinks
Grasshopper

Meant to say that the optical out of my Samsung seems to be transmitting high resolution for the AppleTV and DVD. Why would the ARC output improve the Blue Curve box? The reason I ask is that I do t want to take up one of the 4 HDMI ports to output audio when I have an optical connection that seems to work fine for everything except the Blue Curve box?

0 Kudos

I finally got Shaw to get surround sound through my TV bu...

rickytheviking
Grasshopper

I finally got Shaw to get surround sound through my TV but now the sound keeps playing when I switch to Netflix on my TV using the App from the TV

I can mute the Cable sound but I only get TV speaker for Netflix

I guess I can use the Netflix app from the cable box but I don't want to get double billed as I am already paying netflix 

I am logging in on my cable box with my netflix account so theoretically this shouldn't happen 

0 Kudos

Why would you get double billed? Use your Netflix login t...

rstra
Grand Master

@rickytheviking  Why would you get double billed? Use your Netflix login that you use for the TV app on the cable box app.

Thank you

rickytheviking
Grasshopper

Thank you 

0 Kudos

I was referred by Shaw tech support to this page.  Appare...

TWA
Grasshopper

I was referred by Shaw tech support to this page.  Apparently the agent was told by the higher up that this is what I should do?  I have tried the things that have been mentioned and the best I can get is Dolby surround 5.1 not Dolby digital.  The Bluecurve 4k box says it should have the ability to do Dolby Atmos but I would be quite happy to just get DD on the channels that output dolby digital.  I have tried both auto detect (dolby digital plus) and Expert mode.  HDMI is run to input 1 of a Dolby Atmos capable Marantz receiver.  I have never had this problem with Telus or Shaw Direct pvrs. 

0 Kudos

Nice of Shaw to not do their job and help you out. Anyway...

rstra
Grand Master

@TWA  Nice of Shaw to not do their job and help you out. Anyway, you need to be on expert mode and are the program you were playing was DD+ or Atmos?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help